TurboHD VS VOOM

Please merger this with the VOOM goes Boom thread. I liked Voom but no need for 2 of these threads.

"VOOM" is in the title of this thread. If you don't like it, don't enter it. I'm tired of self-appointed thread monitors trying to tell us what threads we are allowed to have.

"VOOM" is in the title of this thread. If you don't like it, don't enter it. I'm tired of self-appointed thread monitors trying to tell us what threads we are allowed to have.

He must have thought it was going to be people commenting on why turbo is better than Voom. Actually the whole thing doesn't make sense. You can't compare Turbo to Voom. They are two different things. If it was the new channel additions vs Voom that would be a different story.

Maybe that is a thread that should be made.

In past

In the past there were several Voom threads. I was in them. At one point they closed all the VOOM threads. Scott brought back one. I want that one to last, so I don't want to see all the VOOM threads closed again. So it is just simple thing for us to keep a VOOM thread going that it should be mergered w/the Voom goes Boom thread. That is all there is to it. As opposed to being a self appointed thread monitor. :eureka I speak for myself.

I loved many aspects about VOOM, but TurboHD versus VOOM is an apples to oranges comparison.

I would agree. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

On one hand, the 17 new HD channels (assuming you can afford to get them all) have more HD movies among them than what is offered by VOOM. That's a plus.

On the other hand, most of the new channels have been available to us before, at least in SD, while significant portion of VOOM programming is not easily available anywhere else even in SD ( or on DVD for that matter). And VOOM isn't just about movies (new La Liga season starts later this month... :( )

So, assuming this was a tradeoff, was it worth it? For me it wasn't! I would still prefer VOOM. But it all depends on a personal taste and preference, so there is really not much to argue about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)