Turkeys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

searay43

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Republic, Washington
Not really FTA related but I thought I would share these pics I took the other morning from my front window. They have been coming in every couple days and just hang out by my dishes.

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 195
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Nice shots searay! Turkeys I haven't had yet, but just about everything else comes around my dishes. Glad there haven't been any bears, or all mine would have to go up higher than they are now, lol.

Nice shots searay! Turkeys I haven't had yet, but just about everything else comes around my dishes. Glad there haven't been any bears, or all mine would have to go up higher than they are now, lol.

Knock on wood I haven't had any bears yet either, we have lots of them around here as they like to get in peoples garbage cans. :D About 3 weeks ago I had one big buck who hangs out around here off and on start shedding his velvet off his antlers. Well that night I could hear him tearing up one of my big bushes on the side of the house trying to get the rest of his velvet off. This went on for about 30 minutes and then it got silent so I thought he had left, the next thing I hear is all this clanking and banging so I look out the window and he is attacking my first motorized dish the closet one in the picture. I had to run out the door and chase him away, LOL. I got luckly he didn't do any damage, but it's amazing the animals these dishes attract.

Thats a good pic, was that taken on your property?

Yes, I was mowing the lawn and had my cell phone with camera handy, so I snapped a shot. They are about 250-300 feet from the house. They come around often and eat the bugs/grasshoppers in the yard,

Here is my other friend, who I met on the trail on the way down my hill road to the river cabin.

RADAR

Attachments

• 0805095326.jpg
    0805095326.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 119
This is out of our kitchen window, my old original BUD is just out of the pic on the right side.

If that same pic was taken today there would be 3 BUDs, 2 Ku offsets and a Micro-LUD in the frame. :D

Attachments

• Turkeys Kitchen2.jpg
    Turkeys Kitchen2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 101
This is out of our kitchen window, my old original BUD is just out of the pic on the right side.

If that same pic was taken today there would be 3 BUDs, 2 Ku offsets and a Micro-LUD in the frame. :D

Good pic, it’s amazing how well these birds adapt to so many different environments.

All excellent pix! I will try to take a few winter pix of the turkeys around here. You won't believe how many there really can be until you see it first hand. Hopefully I will have a chance this winter to catch them in a good shot. You might think that I am pulling your leg, but I am not... I have counted over 250 in one group at one time.

No kidding at all.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVBWorld USB Dongle

Tuning your Satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)