Turn off TNT-HD or Universal-HD for NLF-ST HD?

One channel must be turned off for NFL-ST HD, which one would you prefer?

• Turn off TNT-HD

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • Turn off Universal-HD

Votes: 66 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
HDTVFanAtic said:
They claim you can watch TNT in SD - you cannot get UHD in SD - so the lesser of 2 evils. As someone noted, isn't it interesting that no HD games were on ESPN2-HD all afternoon so they could have taken the bandwidth and viewers could have used the SD feed as well.

Anyway, where's the vote option to turn off both channels?
What was scheduled to be in HD on ESPN2 ???
ESPN doesn't do any NFL Football on Sundays

Sean Mota said:
That's not the point... you missed it completely.
Thats twice someone mentioned that,
Do you want your buck back.
10 channels, 10 bucks ....

I know it's not the point,
With this being the 1st weekend, and the problems they had with Black outs and such.....
It's possible that it will be cleared up next week.

As I keep telling people, Call and complain about the TNT-HD being turned off during the week, you know IF no body call they won't do anything about it.

As I mentioned in another post, if they have to take a HD channel down make it UHD, but then it's owned by NBC and they do the NFL too so maybe that won't be happening either

They could turn off the PPV (99) like they did last year, and CD USA, another waste of a channel.
You would think they have the reports that show how much certian channels get watched and turn the low ones off.

Jimbo

FlyingJ said:
Gosh you guys cry a lot. Watch some football, it will be good for you! Was there anything on TNT worth watching today?

Some don't care about football.

Was there anything on TNT worth watching today?

There will be next Sunday and it's called NASCAR on TNT- HD but not on D*.

Which Channel to turn off

I can name about 10 sd channels to turn off to get more st HD for the rich football fans

lifetime
oxygen
lmn
hsn
mtv
bet
we
fuse
vh1
soap
those have nothing but crap on them anyways 24/7

RIRWIN1983 said:
turn off a few ppv channels, there making more with st for one day than ppv probaly
Thats what they did last year, now I am wondering if they have too many HD channels (Hahaha) that they need to drop something to get the NFL the required bandwidth.

I was pretty happy with the HD games PQ today :up

Jimbo

dodge said:
I can name about 10 sd channels to turn off to get more st HD for the rich football fans

lifetime
oxygen
lmn
hsn
mtv
bet
we
fuse
vh1
soap
those have nothing but crap on them anyways 24/7

why BET?

how bout all those XM for business channels
why can't they listen to the same XM we listen to

How about turning off CD-USA HD? Why do you need to see people singing in hi-def?? :confused:

Everyone calm down. Like someone was saying earlier call or email DTV and voice your opinion. Hopefully, by football season next year there will not be a bandwith problem with the new satellites in place. Let's see what channels they add here in the fall. I would say take the PPV channels down for Sunday like they did last year. Keep TNTHD and UHD up and running.

bases1616 said:
l. I would say take the PPV channels down for Sunday like they did last year.

They did take PPV channels down this weekend and that still wasn't enough it appears.

rkr0923 said:
how bout all those XM for business channels
why can't they listen to the same XM we listen to

i couldn't agree more. what's up with that??

i know someone here knows d* service agreement well enough to answer this question off of the top of their head. does is provide D* with absolute discretion at any time to make certain channels in the package you PAY for unavailable?? if not, someone please let me know. i will look at mine later today, if i can locate it.

After next week, there will less NFL games each Sunday for a while since there will be several teams with byes.

styxfix said:
After next week, there will less NFL games each Sunday for a while since there will be several teams with byes.

Not really. This week there was an unusual thursday game, plus an extra game tonight.

walker said:
i couldn't agree more. what's up with that??

i know someone here knows d* service agreement well enough to answer this question off of the top of their head. does is provide D* with absolute discretion at any time to make certain channels in the package you PAY for unavailable?? if not, someone please let me know. i will look at mine later today, if i can locate it.

There is a statement to that effect but we are suppose to have advanced notice.
None was given and surely don't shut off a station that will be broadcasting the NEXTEL Chase (2 of the 10 races) in HD.

But thats OK you can tune to the 9 shopping networks if you don't want to watch football:D

Besides, it's an agreement between the NFL and TNT and totally out of D* hands, 'cause a CSR said so.;)

D*'s moronic management team strikes again and has Customer Service lie to us about it.

I sent a polite e-mail to D* requesting they consider turning off Universal HD or CD USA for the next two Sundays. Maybe if they get enough e-mails, they will get the point! :flag:

Turning off any channel for the sake of another channel is totally unacceptable. Perhaps the NFL ST should be scaled down to Directv's available bandwidth. (Ha, Ha, Ha!) After all, not everyone wants to watch overgrown steroidal freaks playing patsy with each other under the pretense of being a neogladiatorial sporting event. Pro football is just about as scripted as wrestling. Besides, if I only want part time channel carriage I can return to cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts