Turners on G-14 (G-5)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
How long do you think the VC 2 Turner channels on G-14 (G-5) will stay there since there main feeds are now on G-15 in PowerVu? ESPN stopped selling to us over a year ago and are still up wonder if the Turners will follow this plan?

If Turner gets serious about cutting off the last remaining analog commercial downlink sites and gets to launching some more of their channels in HD, I'd say those analog Turner channels are not long for this world.

Their affiliate site has been mentioning for cable ops to switch to their digital feeds on galaxy 15 for the past few months. They have also been sending out urgent messages to switch over to digital. I don't see them taking the analogs down soon but I am sure it is coming just as soon as that last mom and pop cable op switches over or when they launch more HD, they will use the analog transpoders for hd.

Their affiliate site has been mentioning for cable ops to switch to their digital feeds on galaxy 15 for the past few months. They have also been sending out urgent messages to switch over to digital. I don't see them taking the analogs down soon but I am sure it is coming just as soon as that last mom and pop cable op switches over or when they launch more HD, they will use the analog transpoders for hd.

They should have let us access the VC-2 channels till the end like Viacom did. People are not happy with the NPS G-3 picture quality and loosing TBS. May have let NPS have the time to experiment on improving the picture quality on there G-3 feed's. From what I hear there looking into it but I don't see them being able to do much without getting more bandwidth and kicking up the SR and changing the FEC.

I don't see NPS forking out the extra dough to pay for that extra bandwidth that is ever so needed. I don't sub to the G3 channels. I haven't paid NPS for those reuplinks since they were on G9 and they were bad then, so I can only expect it to be less than VCR quality now. I try to keep up with that 4dtv forum but that crew is a different breed than us here at this forum...too political over there.

The G3 reups are pretty poor, I have a few channels. NPS needs to buy 27 to 36 meg of bandwidth per transponder instead of the current 18 to 20. Then they could run 29270 3/4 or 5/6. I don't think they would do 7/8 since they wound probably loose subscribers that couldn't lock them then. Thats the only real answer to a better pictures. What ever happened to the days that when you leased a transponder you got the whole channel? (AKA analog) Guess it's all about a buck.

I look at that 4dtv forum from time to time since once in a while there's some good info there. Most of the time there fighting about something or complaining about the demise of the big dish. It gets depressing looking through threads there :(. Over here there's always someone saving an old big dish, getting into the hobby, upgrading, trying something crazy that works, etc etc very happy and upbeat. That's what makes SatGuys so great :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)