Turning off HD channels on 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Garthhh

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Mariposa Ca
Ever since we got the new converter & dish
watching local channels that are only available in hd has been problematic
there are a few of the HBO's that are HD only & seem to work equally sporadically
we're waiting for the 3rd service call in 2 months

A quick solution is to create a "special" favorites list that only has the SD channels in it. I love my Dish HD and hope they get you running properly soon. Tom

Tell us which satellites you are viewing with a Menu 6-1-3. If you are seeing 110/119/129, then I don't know what you're talking about because everything on Dish's Western Arc (except for channels in the Platinum pack) is being send down from the satellites in both SD and HD. Are you perchance complaining about your local OTA reception?

Ever since we got the new converter & dish
watching local channels that are only available in hd has been problematic
there are a few of the HBO's that are HD only & seem to work equally sporadically
we're waiting for the 3rd service call in 2 months

You should be able to go into Menu,System Setup,select Local Channels and choose if the channels you want are SD only,HD only,SD and HD ect.Good Luck!:)

Tell us which satellites you are viewing with a Menu 6-1-3. If you are seeing 110/119/129, then I don't know what you're talking about because everything on Dish's Western Arc (except for channels in the Platinum pack) is being send down from the satellites in both SD and HD. Are you perchance complaining about your local OTA reception?

I don't have any over the air reception at all
& I am using 110/119/129
I'm not getting sd choices for abc, cbs, nbc or fox
I have several sets of favorite set up & have avoided all the HD when there were SD choices available
I hoped there is a menu I didn't stumble into
the documentation is poor, other than a quick start online at the dish site I haven't found much

you ought to have your locals in SD in the 8000 channel range. Also, go to the Local Channels in your menu and you can set things up to display your locals in SD next to the HD in the 2-64 virtual channels you local broadcaster uses. The manual does explain display of SD and HD locals pretty well.

you ought to have your locals in SD in the 8000 channel range. Also, go to the Local Channels in your menu and you can set things up to display your locals in SD next to the HD in the 2-64 virtual channels you local broadcaster uses. The manual does explain display of SD and HD locals pretty well.

Thanks that did help
we're down to a few HBO's that don't have sd alternatives

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)