Turning to the experts....is now the time to order/uprade to the 622?

david4455

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
Turning to the experts....is now the time to order/upgrade to the 622?

I have been following this forum for sometime since I too was excited about the introduction of the 622. I planned to trade in one of my dish receivers
( both DVR in the 500 series... one is the model that DVR is free so I won't trade that one in). I have been out of the country for awhile and return next week.....

So my question is...If I really want to upgrade to HD is now the time to get my 622 order in and when I call CSR is thrre a basic checklist that I should be using to make sure I have the proper antenna etc.....( I think I have the dish 500...although my antenna hasn't been changed out in years!)

I have read that if I wait till April there is a $200 rebate... I also have read that not everyone qualifies so I am not sure it it worth it to me to wait and see considering all the confusion..

Thanks for any guidance....

Last edited:
most of the csr's will tell you, you need a dish 1000 anyway, you dont say where you are and so if you can receive signal from 129, if you cant you will need another dish pointed at 61.5, tro get the new 211/622 only channels.

As the 622's are only just released, are in short supply and you are not an "official" new subscriber, you probably wont get an install till nearly april.

IMHO - Wait til April and the dust settles on the rebate discussion

No that is not the case , you can get the rebate on a 811 receiver also.
is what I was told today.

Last edited:
I was told that if you are a HD subscriber and have any HD receiver you are able to upgrade to the 211 for $49.00 plus return your HD reciever or upgrade to the 622 for $299.00 and get 200 back plus return 1 HD receiver.
Hope this is true.

High Definition (HD) Equipment Upgrades: Lease Offers

Get the latest in HD technology from DISH Network!

DISH Network will deliver the promise of HD to you. You can replace your current receivers or add DishHD in another room of your home. Select any of the receiver options below for a low price starting at $49.00 - just like our new customers receive. And best of all, we have great upgrade options for current HD subscribers and for customers who want DishHD for the very first time!

1. Replace a current receiver with a new HD Single-Tuner Receiver for only $49.00!

DISH Network will ship you new receivers and installation instructions, so you can connect them at your convenience.
In the event you require a dish antenna upgrade to view DishHD, we regret this option is not available and recommend Option 2 below.

Current HD Customers ?
Please make sure to inquire
about special offers!
DISH Network can come to your home and replace up to two of your current receivers OR add DishHD in another room of your home for pricing starting at $49.00! The receivers below are eligible for installation:

HD Single-Tuner Receiver for $49 (including installation & dish antenna)
-OR-

HD Dual-Tuner DVR Receiver for $299.99 (including installation & dish antenna)

You can even pair an HD Single-Tuner Receiver with our Standard Definition Single-Tuner receiver if you need to upgrade two receivers. Please see our Standard Definition Equipment Upgrades for more information.

18-month agreement to qualified basic programming required
Offer not available in Alaska or Puerto Rico.
HD receivers not available in HI
Limited Time Offer

Equipment Options:
High Definition Receiver for 1 Television:
Eye-opening dramatic color and previously unimaginable picture clarity are just some of the benefits of the ViP211, perfect for a single high definition television household.

High definition and standard definition DISH Network programming
Supports four TV display resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
Off-air local broadcasts in digital/high definition1
Supports Dolby® Digital 5.1 surround sound
Convenient On-Screen Caller ID with history2
Widescreen Electronic Program Guide with easy search features
Instant access to dish home Interactive TV
DISH CommTM technology3 allows phone and audio data to be sent throughout a home over existing power wiring and requires only one phone line connection among all DISH Comm-enabled receivers in a home

For more information on ViP 211, click here :: Product Brochure PDF
High Definition DVR Receiver for 1-2 Televisions:
Record images so deep and vivid they seem three dimensional with the ViP622 DVR. DISH Network's top-of-the-line high definition receiver and Digital Video Recorder gives you unprecedented picture quality and power over the way you watch TV. Imagine: now you can pause and replay live high definition programming or record it all on your powerful DVR. It combines DVR and HD capabilities along with a multi-room function.

Independently watch and record programming on two TVs
TV1: View and record high definition or standard definition programming
TV2: View and record standard definition or down-converted high definition programming
View off-air digital/HD local broadcasts1
TV1 display supports four resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
TV2 display resolution is 480i
Supports Dolby® Digital 5.1 surround sound
Convenient On-Screen Caller ID with history2
Record up to 180 hours of standard definition, up to 25 hours of high definition or a combo thereof3
On-screen Electronic Program Guide (EPG) with easy access to program listings and information for up to 9 days
dish home Interactive TV with instant access to breaking news, sports, weather, games and convenient customer service with the push of a button
Two satellite tuners allow you to select from two viewing options
Single Mode: Picture-In-Picture (PIP) available on any TV
Dual Mode: View separate programming on 2 televisions

Additional authorization/optional off-air antenna may be required before high definition programming and/or off-air digital broadcasts can be viewed; additional fees may apply
Requires Caller ID subscription with local phone company. Phone line must be connected to receiver.
Recording capacity depends on the type of programming being recorded.

© Copyright 2006, EchoStar Satellite L.L.C. All rights reserved.
Residential Agreement | Site Map | Web Privacy | Subscriber Privacy Notice

Thanks for the welcome. This looks like a great place for all the best info.
It is great to be here.
Regards :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts