TV 2 IR Converter Kit available anywhere?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

satrec1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
Hi,

I'm trying to track down a TV 2 IR Converter Kit for my vip222k but it seems they're not sold anywhere anymore. I contacted Dish and they said they don't have it and suggested ebay, which also brought up nothing. Anyone have a lead on where to buy one? Thanks

I've had a 622 which I believe is similar to a 222( has a DVR).What is a TV2 IR converter kit?Are you trying to use a universal remote(IR) to run the 222?

It's a DISH product that lets you control the TV2 output using an IR remote. I actually found a rather old post about it on these forums as well: First Look: TV2 IR Converter Kit

That's what I'm trying to do, use a universal remote (Harmony in my case) to control the TV2 side. It appears that there is literally no other way to do this other than this product.

Reactions: tanman
It's a DISH product that lets you control the TV2 output using an IR remote. I actually found a rather old post about it on these forums as well: First Look: TV2 IR Converter Kit

That's what I'm trying to do, use a universal remote (Harmony in my case) to control the TV2 side. It appears that there is literally no other way to do this other than this product.
I used to have one that I reconciled form a customer's house on an upgrade about 5 yrs ago. I thought it was still in my garage, but I must have tossed it out at some point.

Reactions: tanman
I used to have one that I reconciled form a customer's house on an upgrade about 5 yrs ago. I thought it was still in my garage, but I must have tossed it out at some point.

Darn, thanks for checking though! I think that's the only way to find one, if someone just has it sitting around somewhere. I'd definitely make it worth your while if anyone has it!

If you have coax that you’re using to send TV2 to your remote TV, there are IR receiver kits that send the IR codes back that coax to a IR blaster on the other end.

If you have coax that you’re using to send TV2 to your remote TV, there are IR receiver kits that send the IR codes back that coax to a IR blaster on the other end.

The receiver doesn't respond to IR for TV2 though, that's the issue. TV2 can only be controlled over RF.
What's this?

That's the other way around, being able to use an RF remote for a receiver that only understands IR.

Reactions: HipKat
Gah! I had a ViP 722k for ages and you’d think I would remember that! The Dish Remote is pretty programmable, and I never had a reason to use anything but the TV2 remote on the spare set since it is only SD. Having a universal remote in that location didn’t cross my mind since the Dish remote controlled the Satellite, TV, and VCR.

Gah! I had a ViP 722k for ages and you’d think I would remember that! The Dish Remote is pretty programmable, and I never had a reason to use anything but the TV2 remote on the spare set since it is only SD. Having a universal remote in that location didn’t cross my mind since the Dish remote controlled the Satellite, TV, and VCR.
Yeah, you can take a 21.1 remote or any IR/UHF remote that dish has, normally they're #2's, open the battery cover, pop out the chip with the number 2 on it and flip it over so it says one and that enables the IR function. Then program it in System Info on the recievedr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)