TV 2 on my 522 posessed

griz_fan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2004
Meridian, Idaho
I suspect some RF interference, possibly even another 522 RF remote in the neighborhood, because every once in a while, our TV2 will go nuts and start changing channels, scroling through various channels, etc... This really messes with recordings scheduled on TV2. Could our 900MHz wireless GameCube controllers or 2.4GHz cordless phones cause this? And, is there an easy way to change the remote address for our TV 2?

Thanks

Yeah you need to change that remotes address. Same thing happened to me when a neighbor got Dish.

Get to the System Info screen. MENU-6-1-3

Use the up-arrow and highlight the white address # for Secondary. It will turn yellow.

Press SAT and hold for 3-4 seconds.

Key in a number from 1 to 16 but not the same number as primary remote.

Press #

The SAT light should blink 3 times.

Press the RECORD button.

The address for secondary remote will then change in the system info screen

That should do it. Instructions from this thred
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=24699
I would doubt the phone or anything would be the cause,most likely a neighbor with DishNetwork

Apocrapha is right. One other thing you can do is check to see if any neighbors recently got dish installed. If so, you will need to make sure that either your receiver or theirs is turned off before resetting your 2 remote address. If both receivers are on then when you switch your IP it will also switch theirs and they will lose their ability to change channels. Another possiblity is HAM radio operators in the vicinity. At least that is what my supervisor told me when I went out on a service call for the exact same thing that you are experiencing right now.

apocrapha said:
Yeah you need to change that remotes address. Same thing happened to me when a neighbor got Dish.

Get to the System Info screen. MENU-6-1-3

Use the up-arrow and highlight the white address # for Secondary. It will turn yellow.

Any idea why I couldn't up-arrow to the remote 2 address? I tried it using remote 1 and 2 and even the front panel controls, nothing...

No I'm not sure why it won't up arrow. Mine will.
But it really doesn't matter. Just get to the Sys info screen and follow the rest of the instructions using your TV2 remote. On the last step when you hit the record button it will change the address for the secondary controller whether it's highlighted or not. I just verified it on mine so it should work.

even though I wasn't able to highlight the remote 2 address, the procedure worked like a champ. Thanks for the help!

522 "possessed"

Like acro said, you will need to make sure that you program the tv2 correctly so that you don't change their remote address at the same time. I'm atr with dish, and before even trying to readdress, just verify you don't have any kind of fluorescent lighting or anything near the rcvr, then try your reset's, front panel and hard reset, then take both tv2 and tv1 remotes into the room with the rcvr.. use the first remote, then menu 6-1-3, now get the number 2 remote out.. press record one time to make sure right address is locked, readdress by holding sat in 6 seconds, then typing in something like 11, then #, then record again.. verified if working, and you should be good to go..

AJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)