"TV anywhere" app ads

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I use apps such as Travel Channel, Spectrum, and Discovery on my Rokus. Does it seem to anybody else like it's always the same ads over and over? I don't have a problem with having ads, but why the same set of ads?

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I use apps such as Travel Channel, Spectrum, and Discovery on my Rokus. Does it seem to anybody else like it's always the same ads over and over? I don't have a problem with having ads, but why the same set of ads?
This is mostly an issue with Roku. I don't see the same problem as much on my Firestick, or Apple Tv as much as on Roku.

Nope! I see the same ads all the time with AppleTv. The apps sell the spots, not the device.

Reactions: norman881
Notice Roku never offers truth/admit-ion to the issue. Like I said, same thing happens on AppleTV

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Will not soon matter, Broadcasters are starting to shut down their TV Everywhere apps, FoxNow is already gone, Paramount just announced 3 more shut downs, by the end of 2025, at the latest, they will all be gone.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
And you know this how?
From work, no money to be made in running them anymore.
I mainly watch the apps from Discovery (Travel) and if they shut that down I'll just use the Discovery app.
If you mean the TV Everywhere Discovery app, those will be the next ones to be announced, Warner believes to will create more paying subscribers to Discovery+ or MAX.