TV changes to channel 3 when I turn it on

RockinHARD26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Delaware
I did not have this problem until when dish upgraded my equipment to the ViP-622, which comes with a v5.3 remote. Same TV, just different receiver and remote.

Problem: I turn off the receiver and TV. But before I turn the TV off, its is in an input mode since it’s connected with a high definition cable. When I go back to turn the receiver and TV on, the input mode changes to channel 3 with a complete snowy screen automatically. I cannot fix the input mode issue with the dish network remote, I have to fish out the regular TV remote to put it back in the input setting I need it.

I made various attempts to resolve this, and came up with negative resolutes. Here is the cherry on the cake, on my old remotes that went with the regular 522 (v5.0 remote), I can freely turn on and off the TV and Vip-622 with no input issues. I attempted to call Dish, aka idiots, and they could not help me. So, that is why I am asking here. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Is there any way to stop the v.5.3 remote from changing the inputs on the TV and just turn on/off the darn devices?

Last edited:
My RCA tv has a place to set the channel to go to when you hit satellite on the factory remote, maybe your set has a similar feature and the new remote triggers it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts