TV Fool Help - Lehigh Valley PA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sennico2k14

Original poster
Aug 26, 2014
I could use some advice on an antenna cause I'm a total noob on OTA. I have a new roof so if possible id like to attic mount but it not i can pole some holes on the roof. My main objective would be to pull in CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX and CW if possible

My tvfool report is below:
\?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3D8e0315c007797e
Any recommendations? Thanks!

I dont see your tvfool

I think you need 5 posts to be able to post a link....otherwise do something like post the last little bit of it and we can figure it out from there

like this
?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d8e03c5e203f081

which we would just put tvfool.com/ in front of it :)

OP,

I live in the Lehigh Valley just south of Nazareth, PA.

Here is my tvfool info:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=8e030e7c80249c

I have a Channel Master CM4228 UHF antenna with a CM7777 pre-amp installed on my house.

There is no rotor on the antenna. I aimed the antenna to get the maximum signal level on my Hoppers from the Philadelphia stations. I receive the following stations at 80 to 100% level on my Hoppers:
KYW (3)
WCAU (10)
WPHL (17)
WTXF (29)
WYBE (35)
WLVT (39)
WGTW (48)
WTVE (51)
WPSG (57)
WPPX (61)
WUVP (65)
WFMZ (69)
WBPH (60)

To my surprise, my antenna is also picking up the following Wilkes-Barre/Scranton stations on my Hoppers at about a 65 to 70% level:
WOLF (56)
WVIA (44)
WNEP (16) Note that 16.1 is an ABC affiliate so I don't miss not getting the Channel 6 VHF from Phillly.

I assume the antenna design is allowing these stations to be picked-up from the rear of the antenna and I could improve the receive level if the antenna was rotated more in their direction but it's fine for me now.

If you get a good VHF/UHF antenna you might be able to get the stations you desire but as was mentioned before it all depends on your exact location.

I didn't know for sure what my reception would be like prior to the installation. I just decided to roll the dice and install the antenna.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts