TV Goes black, Sound stays on??

msusig

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
Murray, KY
Currently I've been having issues with my TV picture going completely black. I was just wondering if anyone possibly knows any issues with the VIP622 doing this to TVs?

It is connected via component to a 1 1/2 year old JVC LT-40X667 HDTV. I'm really hoping it's not my TV since it has been out of warranty for about 6 months now.

Have a great day and Thanks for any and all comments :D

Happened to me

This has happened to me a few times lately. It only occurs when I'm using PiP swapping a lot. Only recovery for me has been to reboot.

Same here. Mine seems to happen sometimes when I am recording something off my OTA antenna. The 622 acts like a computer to me sometimes. When you try to do too much it needs a reboot.

Same Here

This has happened to me as well. We will be watching tv and all of a sudden the picture will start to fade in and out and finally go black. I know it is not my tv since I can play dvd's on my ps3 just fine.

happening to me (actually my parents) on their 622 hooked up via hdmi..and yes..gotta shut the dvr off and back on to fix

This happen to me on my 222 the other night after a reboot because the picture was frozen, I had to reboot a second time.

This has happened to me a few times lately. It only occurs when I'm using PiP swapping a lot. Only recovery for me has been to reboot.
Me too. Happens when I swap from tuner to tuner. Doesn't happen when i have pip and swap pip. so now I usually try not to swap without having pip on screen. It happens on when 2nd Tv also so not a hdmi issue. It's been a problem for me since 614 software update?

My 622 had the black screen problem, I tried all different connections, and it still happened. Called csr twice, no help, third call I told them that the hdmi connection had failed, they sent me another 622, problem has not showed up on new 622.
As to black screen on 722 while using pip, I have had that on occasion. My fix is is to hit the "Previous Channel" button, then hit it again.
Dan

This also happens to me frequently on my VIP622 for a year now. Both on Component, and on HDMI connections. 1 tuner goes black, but keeps sound. I notice it when I try to use the PIP button. Only way I've found to get it back, is a reboot.

Same here. Mine seems to happen sometimes when I am recording something off my OTA antenna. The 622 acts like a computer to me sometimes. When you try to do too much it needs a reboot.

It is a computer, and it has all the problems that a computer has. One of my questions to any new customer is how computer literate are you, If the answer is OK then I know that there will be less of a chance that I will have any Dumb RTC's if the answer is NO I will expect an dumb RTC from the customer.

Happens frequently to me. If I am watching OTA and the signal dies while I am recording on one of the sat tuners, I then turn to a sat channel, and it is often black - reboot fixes but it is very annoying because I also lose my recording for about 5 minutes for the reboot and find signals to finish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)