TV-Land from NIMIQ-5 Please help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

upnatm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
North-East Lake Superior
I've been trying to pull in the new bird at 72.7w, but no joy so far.

I've tried all the settings that Lyngsat gives, but I still can't seem to get positive results with any signals.

I've found footprint maps for NIMIQ-5, my 90cm dish (with STAB HH90) should be sufficient here on the north-eastern shores of Lake Superior. I'm also using an Invacom QPH-031 with my CS-7000.

I realize the TV-Land signal is MPEG-4, but should I not, at least, still get green bars when I hit the bird with the correct settings?

A few tests I haven't tried yet are: reset to factory and start afresh, and/or replace the CS7000 with my Pansat 2700A.

I must be mistaken, but I think I've seen MPEG-4 come in before, on the CS7000.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

I've been trying to pull in the new bird at 72.7w, but no joy so far.

I've tried all the settings that Lyngsat gives, but I still can't seem to get positive results with any signals.

I've found footprint maps for NIMIQ-5, my 90cm dish (with STAB HH90) should be sufficient here on the north-eastern shores of Lake Superior. I'm also using an Invacom QPH-031 with my CS-7000.

I realize the TV-Land signal is MPEG-4, but should I not, at least, still get green bars when I hit the bird with the correct settings?

A few tests I haven't tried yet are: reset to factory and start afresh, and/or replace the CS7000 with my Pansat 2700A.

I must be mistaken, but I think I've seen MPEG-4 come in before, on the CS7000.

Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

I didn't think that either of those receivers would do MPEG4, however the big problem is that neither of those receivers will do Turbo-8PSK. No way that you're going to lock the transponders on that sat.
THird problem is that TVLAND is encrypted, so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Once Nimiq5 was put up, that pretty much made only a Dish receiver be able to lock those

The Genpix Skywalker 1 works fine with those transponders. That's what I used to see if TV-land was still fta or had encrypted. I assume that those pirate 8psk cards for a couple of the receivers would work too.

Thanks very much for the responses.

I seem to have been chasin' the wrong goose with the dated receivers that I have. lol!

Time to look into a nice new hi-def box one of these days.

Thanks again folks.

The Genpix Skywalker 1 works fine with those transponders. That's what I used to see if TV-land was still fta or had encrypted. I assume that those pirate 8psk cards for a couple of the receivers would work too.

I understand that but for 95% of the folks out there, they can't lock the signals ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

I Had A Brain Flatulence

!0' Ku Dish FREE in Sacramento, CA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)