!0' Ku Dish FREE in Sacramento, CA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK, Bob put me up to this with his post teasing everyone with knowledge of situation.

Here is the rest of the story.....

I had saved a Craigslist posting for a complete uplink system as a notepad document several weeks ago. Meant to call, but got busy and actually forgot.....

Last Sunday I was cleaning up the desktop and ran across this post, so placed a call to see if the gear was still available. Left a voice mail then decided to search Craigslist for keyword Uplink. This new posting appeared: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/1466961103.html

Channel Master and Comstream: (TWO (2) SETS OF RF/ELECTRONICS) 2.4m TX SMC Offset TRANSMIT grade dish, and hardware for mounting on free standing pole. The CM antenna system was purchased new, installed on pole, but never used. The Comstream RF/electronics was purchased used, gone through by the factory, and stored inside. The project was never activated, and the total system is now being offered for sale. Will consider all FAIR offers, MUST move NOW, and will consider DELIVERY. Perfect for SCPC or backhaul. More details upon request. WILL CONSIDER DONATION TO 'NON-PROFIT' GROUP. E-mail or text/phone 916.xxx.xxxx

Bill returned the call a few hours later and when I introduced myself and described our companies. Turns out that he had visited Satellite AV and has been considering using our commercial gear for his satellite based distribution services! He is a fellow Christian and we spoke a some length about Glorystar and Christian broadcasters. Bill then offered to donate the entire uplink system if we would arrange to remove the dish this week! Yes, there are GOD moments in life!

Performed a "Bling" look at the property and found that the dish is located on property that is next to a church overflow parking lot. A member of our staff, Eugene knows the pastor and quickly arranged access into the gated lot tomorrow for a crane to pick the dish from the 12' ground mounted pole. We will be able to use a smaller (less expensive) crane without the need to boom over the home from the front residential street!

In an email with Bill yesterday, I indicated that we are planning on booming the dish onto our warehouse upon completion of a non-pen that I was arranging to be fabricated. He replied that he knows a local property owner who wants a monster non-pen mount removed from a one story warehouse and would arrange a removal date with the owner! Yep, another God moment!

For the cost of two boom truck rentals, we will have a 2.4M uplink and combined with several Tanberg encoders that we have left over from a large brokerage deal last year ...... ready to start the licensing process!

We will snap a few photos documenting the removals and post to this thread.

knowmiddlename - Ready to roll up your sleeves and start the project that we spoke about? I think that it is almost time to turn to your expertise!

once in a lifetime opportunity - don't skimp:

We will snap a few photos documenting the removals ...
Congratulations Brian, on the fine haul!
Will be interesting to see what you can do with it. - :rolleyes:

Be sure to take along two photographers for a project like this.
Their different perspective should help get the best coverage of a two-crane move! - :up

And ya might even consider filming it in video and making a short out of the project. :D
Maybe someone at the local college would like to make a documentary.

edit:
Maybe the local newspaper or TV station would like to shoot the story.
Then, on a slow news day, use it as filler!

Last edited:
We will be able to use a smaller (less expensive) crane without the need to boom over the home from the front residential street!

Good luck with the removal. I just saw this on the news. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDLEaAqbfbY"] What can happen when you do use a crane over a house![/ame]
Granted, a tree trunk is a lot heavier than a dish. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HG7r96bBk&feature=channel"](And a quick video of the crane removal)[/ame]

:eek: SpiffWilkie - Thanks for sharing..... I think...... LOL!!!

Just a simple lift 40 foot boom pick over a side fence of a bulky 375 lbs. Probably only take 1/2 hour to pick including the set-up. Definitely not a news story unless we recreate the Santa Rosa incident :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

Good find brian

Off topic, hey Brian , I'm over in Antelope area, who owns that small Dish farm over by the Antelope Walmart store, down from the Post Office, I've seen unmarked vans in the lot, but never see anybody around, looks abandoned. They have some huge uplink Dishes in that lot. they have a couple of 10ft dishes laying on the ground.

Good find by the way, every now and then I look through Criaglist Sacramento also to see whats out there for free or cheap, I picked up a 6ft fiberglass dish and heavyduty stand for it, the guy didn't want anything for it, just wanted to get it off his property "boy was that dish heavy" Haven't used it just yet.

:eek: SpiffWilkie - Thanks for sharing..... I think...... LOL!!!

Just a simple lift 40 foot boom pick over a side fence of a bulky 375 lbs. Probably only take 1/2 hour to pick including the set-up. Definitely not a news story unless we recreate the Santa Rosa incident :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

Hello neighbor! Are you referring to the Comcast head end facility next to the railroad tracks off Roseville road? Drop me a PM.

knowmiddlename - Ready to roll up your sleeves and start the project that we spoke about? I think that it is almost time to turn to your expertise!

Brian,
Congratulations on the nice find! I installed the same model dish in Rancho Cordova for a radio network a few years back. I'll give you a call tomorrow or on Monday at the latest.

Thanks,
Mark

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts