TV Land in HD?

cclement

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
Minneapolis
With The Jim Gaffigan Show starting up, will Dish offer TV Land in HD? I see it's HD on DirecTV and Comcast.

My wife was watching old Reba shows today and I realized how bad SD looked.

No one here knows.

Regarding Reba, it doesn't seem to have been shot in HD to begin with. Well, maybe it was and the original film can be used. For network TV, it was broadcast in 1.33:1 ratio.

TV land being in HD has come up from time to time and I think it is appropriate to come up again as they are modifying their programming. It is one of the channels I would most want in HD that is not.
So I'm going to use my pull :biggrin:rolleyes: and ask DISH to please find a way to give us TV Land in HD.

as long as i do not talk about one of the apps i wanted so long everything will be allright we all want new hd channels maybe after the 18th we will see some new ones come.

With The Jim Gaffigan Show starting up, will Dish offer TV Land in HD? I see it's HD on DirecTV and Comcast.

My wife was watching old Reba shows today and I realized how bad SD looked.

I wish they would upgrade TVLand to HD as well, but in the meantime it looks like the initial broadcast of each episode of the Jim Gaffigan Show is also scheduled on Nick at the same time, in HD. But all the subsequent reruns are on TVLand in SD.

That is the third or fourth show I believe to be on Nick at the same time TV land is showing a program. Younger, and Impastor, and one more I don't remember.

TV Land sucks a$$ now. It was great when it first launched, of course that has been nearly 20 years ago, seems like the older these Cable networks get, the crappier they get. If you want "TV Land" today, there is MeTV, Cozi TV, Decades, AntennaTV, and FamilyNet/Rural TV.
I wish I had Antenna TV in my area. I can rotate my antenna and get it from two different markets each, but I can't always get them for I am over 80 miles away and live in a valley.

i would let dish know if you guys want the channel so much in hd i think after the 18th there will be room for lots of hd channels coming i think dish will use the bandwidth wisely.

Reactions: Tampa8
I wish I had Antenna TV in my area. I can rotate my antenna and get it from two different markets each, but I can't always get them for I am over 80 miles away and live in a valley.
I can get all but AntennaTV from my C-Band dish. Antenna is scrambled though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)