TV Land in HD?

I know this hasn't been mention, but the real reason why Dish doesn't have TV Land in HD is because Dish is still in their current contract with Viacom. I'm sure TV Land HD will be one of the things along with the digital deal to let Dish subscribers be able to access the shows online and though the apps. Also the other sticking point for when Dish's old contract expires and they negotiate with Viacom for the new deal is Dish's new online only service SlingTV.

So for now, the answer will be not now, but maybe within 5 years.

I'm not sure, but isn't Dish's deal with Viacom set to end sometime between late this year to early next year.

I thought Friends and all the show I cited were shot on film...
Just read some info about Friends and it's saying the opposite of what I said (maybe I was thinking of some other show?). It was actually recorded on film but cropped for broadcast to 4:3. So the masters do have all of the data and that's how they're shown in higher resolution and 16:9 format.

The extra cost that Premium channel subscribers pay on top of the normal tier rates.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Correct! I'm of the opinion that for the price of the premiums all of them that are available in HD should be in HD, and before they add any new channels or lesser channels. But that's just me.

Reactions: long_time_DNC
The extra cost that Premium channel subscribers pay on top of the normal tier rates.
If your tier doesn't include certain channels, you surely can't be expecting to get them free for the asking.

Most providers offer a tier that includes these channels and there is no extra cost for them if you subscribe to it.

Those aren't Encore stations though, are they?
Same owner.same movies so yes they are encore
RetroPlex is an American premium television network which only features older motion pictures. It is a spinoff of the MoviePlex and is owned by Starz, LLC. The headquarters of RetroPlex and its sister channels MoviePlex and IndiePlex are located on the Meridian International Business Center complex with Starz and Encore in Meridian, Colorado.

Currently, DirecTV doesn't carry RetroPlex, IndiePlex, MoviePlex. They do have Encore Action in HD. Dish carries Indie and Retro in HD.

I disagree. Some customers who move now, loses one of the ions. It's not a large outcry, but for some reason that was one that some people would call in about, when moving arcs.
Chad, Dish no longer even carries Ion West. The channel that replaced it, BUZZ (shopping channel) was also temporarily only on Western Arc before Dish added it to Eastern Arc. BUZZ was later replaced (on both arcs) by World Harvest Television.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)