TV power in RF mode?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thebordella

Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
NY
Hi,

Just got a new HR24 install, using the included remote (RC65RX) in RF mode because the receiver is a different room than the TV. Controlling the receiver works fine.

The TV is an older (Toshiba) tube model. I flipped the switch on the remote to TV mode and tried several codes until finding the one that operated the TV power and volume. This worked.

When I flip the switch back to the receiver position, I can still control the TV volume (up/down/mute), so yay. But neither the "PWR" or "on"/"off" buttons seem to change the TV power (they do turn on/off the receiver). The PWR button DOES toggle the TV power when the switch is in TV mode.

Obviously I'd like to turn both the TV and receiver on and off without having to flip the mode switch. Am I missing something, or is this not possible, or...?

thanks!

I have one receiver in RF and it still powers the TV on and off. Pretty strange behavior. So if you change it back to IR mode the TV will turn off and on again?

I set up everything in IR mode first.
-Surround Sound Yamaha YSP-800 system
-Insignia LCD TV
-HR24 Receiver

Then I locked the Volume so that when I press volume up or down it adjust the audio receiver

Then I switched the receiver from IR to RF.

everything works great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)