TV Skips season is here!!!

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Yep, it's that's time of year that's will last May till Early Steptember on VHF low band ch. 2 to 6.

Last night, there were bunch of Canadian TV stations skipping in Albuquerque, NM, USA!!:)

Just think it like a shortwave video.:cool:

I found a border TV station, just south of Texas, USA ID's as XHRIO-TV FOX 2 on ch.2 analog tonight.:D

WTFDA Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Xhrio 2 5-4-10 - WTFDA Forums

Please do post your TV DXing reports here, or go to a WTFDA's website!!:hatsoff:

Bill_KY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
Northern Kentucky
I HEARD XHRIO "Channel 2 Cable 6" on the analog audio channel today through
www.DXFM.com FM and TV DX

Girard Westerberg in Lexington KY runs the dxfm.com site. He has a analog channel 2 audio feed and a digital channel 2 audio feed. The digital audio feed can even detect meteor scatter, because if there is a distant channel 2 station it will pick it up as a tone. The analog feed will be just normal audio...if there is a station present.

"The DX robot" earlier said there was high MUF and a San Antonio TX area DXER was getting FM broadcast stations from the Carolina's around lunch time.

BTW, Thanks for the WTFDA forum link... I am reading about the transatlantic FM DX from last year, WYSP 94.1 Philly heard in Ireland...amazing...

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
More TV skips today, all Canadian stations MUF went high as ch.4 and so far no U.S. digital signals lock on my STB. It's just matter of times, I will get my first digital signals lock.:hungry:

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
the other morning when I turned on the DTVPal DVR it said I had 3 new channels logged

Wisconsin Public TV from Menominee, WI which according to maps is about 35 miles way from the "fringe"....Folks in the far east metro of the Twin Cities can get it but I'm on the Far West side and cant lock it on a normal day ;)

Showed 0 signal when I tried to lock it in the morning

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    779.7 KB · Views: 276

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
the other morning when I turned on the DTVPal DVR it said I had 3 new channels logged

Wisconsin Public TV from Menominee, WI which according to maps is about 35 miles way from the "fringe"....Folks in the far east metro of the Twin Cities can get it but I'm on the Far West side and cant lock it on a normal day ;)

Showed 0 signal when I tried to lock it in the morning

How do you like your DTVPal? I see that Channel master recently released the CM-7000PAL which is supposed to be the same thing.

Channel Master CM-7000PAL Antenna HD DVR Digital Video Recorder Off-Air Broadcast CM7000PAL with Dual Tuner 250 GB Hard Drive HDMI Output HD/SD Video Record Digital Television Set Top Signal Receiver, Software Upgradeable, Part # CM7000-PAL: Oak Ente

QCK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 27, 2008
LOVE it :)

I can record 2 shows at once
works with any HDTV or SDTV
very easy to use
has at least a 3 day guide for most channels....some go out to 7 days

+1, I've had mine since it first came out and record few hours on it just about every day. Super picture and it is nice to be able to record two HD shows and watch another show that was recorded all at the same time. :up

Bill_KY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
Northern Kentucky
According to the site : www.DXFM.com FM and TV DX Today May 31 2010...a FM Dxer in Northern Ireland received a FM station... WRTU (89.7) in Puerto Rico and that DX conditions in Europe Today are "insane". The only thing I noticed was some TV analog skip from Mexico and 6 meter skip to Austin Texas.

Bill_KY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
Northern Kentucky
The DX robot is reporting the skip as high as 144 Mhz, nothing here (yet) in Kentucky.

hxxp://www.xs4all.nl/~amunters/eskipNA.htm

>DXrobot issued 144 MHz NA Es alert at 02 Jun 19:40 UTC

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
Today it is killing some of my local channels. The skip is strong enough to reduce signals to the teens to mid twenties and most aren;t strong enough to produce a solid picture keeps breaking up.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
picked up Eau Claire, WI sometime between last night and today as the DTVPal DVR said it added 3 channels...about 120 miles away as the crow flies

WQOW ABC/CW/This

Attachments

• PICT0156.JPG
    PICT0156.JPG
    885.7 KB · Views: 250

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
Tonight I've got more than ever! WGRZ's, WKBW, WXXI's, TCT from Buffalo and Rochester, WNYO, WIVB, WROC, WHEC's, WHAM's, and even WKTV. It's a 5 hour drive to Buffalo from here.

Last edited:

Bill_KY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
Northern Kentucky
DX out to Grand Rapids MI Sat - July 3

DX out to Grand Rapids Michigan

This reception was caused by tropo ducting/enhancement where warm air over riding a cool air mass creates causes 'ducts' where the signals propagate much further than normal. This is not skip...it is tropospheric ducting or 'tropo'.

Here are some pix of some tropo stations that came in Saturday morning between 10:00 am to 10:30 am.

Note that the PSID says Fox 17DT but no call letters. However they were running "Weekend Marketplace" which matches up to their online schedule. WXMI is in Grand Rapids MI as well as WXSP . Also WISE 33 Fort Wayne was in.

WXMIDT (WXMI-DT)

Sat, Jul. 03

10:00 AM Weekend Marketplace
10:30 AM Weekend Marketplace

Mileage to Grand Rapids MI - 270 miles
Mileage to Ft. Wayne IN - 140 Miles

The equipment is very modest, a Radio Shack UHF corner reflector with a 30 db amp pointed toward Dayton Ohio and Sanyo Digital TV. The string going to the mast supports part of the 160 meter antenna.

Attachments

• WXMT 17 Grand Rapids.JPG
    WXMT 17 Grand Rapids.JPG
    605.9 KB · Views: 204
  • WXMT 17-2 This TV.JPG
    WXMT 17-2 This TV.JPG
    620.8 KB · Views: 222
  • WXSP Grand Rapids.JPG
    WXSP Grand Rapids.JPG
    664.3 KB · Views: 478
  • WISE 33 Ft Wayne IN.JPG
    WISE 33 Ft Wayne IN.JPG
    691.1 KB · Views: 206
  • RS UHF Corner Reflector.JPG
    RS UHF Corner Reflector.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 221

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts