TV2 IR Converter Kit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ben_smith

Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
buffalo
Slingbox PRO-HD
Dish Network VIP 222K
TV2 IR Converter: Provides infrared (IR) control of TV2 on a dual-tuner DISH Network receiver.
Slingbox.com - Slingplayer

Setup:

( 1.) Set the Converter to Band A if the remote uses an odd-numbered address; set to Band B if the remote uses an even-numbered address; set the Converter’s TV2/1 switch accordingly. ---- DONE / TRUE

( 2.) Leave the remote key as blue TV2, but set the UHF/IR switch inside the receiver’s 21.0 remote control’s battery compartment to IR. -- DONE / TRUE

( 3.) Converter is used to control TV2 with a Slingbox, but independent control of TV2 is not required. -- DONE / TRUE

( 4.) Dish Network VIP222K Remote not available in the Slingbox Setup therefore using Dish Network VIP622K. -- DONE / TRUE

( 5.) 8 separate Manual Timer's set to tune to HBO Channel 300 every 3 hours to circumvent "Press Select to Watch TV" prompts after every nights 3:00 a.m. Dish Network updates. -- DONE / TRUE

( 6.) Inactivity Timer Disabled. -- DONE / TRUE

Everything is working fine. BUT.....ONE CONSISTENT PROBLEM PERSISTS:

Every 3 to 4 days: I loose total control of the remote on Slingbox. I can watch HBO BUT that's about it. Not a single Slingbox Dish Network remote function works UNTIL you POWER DOWN everything (Dish Network VIP 222K Receiver, TV2 IR Converter & Slingbox PRO-HD) and POWER UP everything back again. Life returns to normal after that. But is it a real pain especially when I am traveling.

IF anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

Last edited: