TV2 on 722 bad???

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
all of a sudden i am not getting a picture at all on TV2. all I am getting is snow. everything is the same. i even tried to use a different channel on the modulator and get the same results. has anyone ever had the tuner 2 go out on them? it is either that or an animal has chewed through the line up in the attic. i guess i need to go exploring so i find out.

all of a sudden i am not getting a picture at all on TV2. all I am getting is snow. everything is the same. i even tried to use a different channel on the modulator and get the same results. has anyone ever had the tuner 2 go out on them? it is either that or an animal has chewed through the line up in the attic. i guess i need to go exploring so i find out.

investigating the situation before asking a pointed question is normally best for everyone.

Just speaking from TC experience, the most likely culprit is that you're televisions cable/antenna mode is set incorrectly.

I had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago.
I went back to single mode and enabled shared view. At that point I had a picture on TV2 even though it was the same as TV1. When I switched the receiver back to dual mode everything went back to normal.

do you know if your TV2 is diplexed? If so it could also be a di-plexor gone bad. Usually, they die on the Sat side first, but I suppose it's always possible that the VHF/UHF side would die.

i cannot pin point the problem. all the wires look good and nothing has changed. just went to turn it on and all i got was snow. what i am going to do to see if the receiver is bad is hook up tv2 to the coaxial on my tv1 and see if it works. that way i can see if maybe i have a barrel connection that is bad. i do not have it diplexed. it is a straight run to tv2 with a barrel connection up in the attic at the access point.

Is TV2 light enough small enough to bring it to the room where the receiver is located? Try connecting it directly to the receiver. On TV2 have you checked that you didn't have a power interruption and the TV reset back to cable mode? OTA 60 and Cable 60 would be two different channels. Last possibility is try pressing the TV/Video button on remote 2.

the receiver is ok. i got to find out what is going on here. maybe my tv2 has some sort of problem. i check and they are both set to air. i am going to try another tv to see if that does anything.

someone played a trick on me. i have a 522 in the bedroom but it is not activated or hooked up. someone decided to hook it up so they unscrewed the cables from the tv and screwed them into the 522 thinking they could get it working. i put everything where it goes and now it is all good. i would have never thought anyone would have done that. my BIL stayed here one night while we were on vacation and he is the only one that i think could do that. at least it is working now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)