TV2 Receiver Connection

thexrock

Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
iowa
I thought if I had my dvr hooked up to the internet I would be waived this fee, but just spoke to online chat with dish today and they said they will not waive that extra fee, does anyone know why or another way around this charge? I mean i already pay 7.00 for a solo receiver charge, why is there the tv connection as well?

Because Dish likes to nickel and dime their customers as much as possible.

That was the only reason I had my 722 connected to my network in years past, was to avoid the tv 2 fee. Tv 2 out is a waste for me as my 722 hardly ever leaves single mode. If it wasn't for the remote access and sling, I would disconnect mine now, since they will charge you whether it is or isn't connected.

They did away with the separate TV 2 connection fee when they changed the additional receiver fee structure last February. The tv 2 fee was rolled into the price of additional receiver fees like the duo dvr :$5.00 additional receiver fee+$5.00 tv 2 connection fee+$7.00 dvr fee=$17.00. You used to be able to avoid the tv 2 by keeping your phone line plugged in, but DISH decided to charge for it anyway and rolled it into the additional receiver price. But there is no separate fee any longer for tv 2 , so call DISH and get it taken off your bill. You can also write an email to ceo@echostar.com and ask them to drop it off, since it is no longer supposed to be on your bill.

Ok, thanks for the info guys, I will email to hopefully get that taken care of, also i m trying to send a instant message but I have to have 5 posts first? I had someone pm and cant reply now, kinda sucks.

Oh and is there something specific I should mention in that email to ceo besides the removal of that charge?

Just tell them that you know for a fact there is no longer a tv 2 connection fee on anyone else's bill because it was done away with last February. Then tell them you no longer want to pay a defunct fee and please remove it. IF not you might have to look at the competition, where they don't have extra fees randomly placed on certain customers & not others. Almost a whole year of extra tv 2 connection fees at 11 x $5.00 =$55.00 more you paid that you didn't have to. Might mention that too and see if they won't reimburse you for those months. Maybe they will offer you something off a month to make up for the past months . They should be fair and work with you. IF not there is the competition out there.

i am going though the SAME DISH BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES.

i am a Dish customer of 8 years. I finally hooked up a telephone cord to the Dish 5 months ago. I rented a couple of movies though the telephone cord so i know its live

I kept getting charged $5 and it is continuing. I chatted with Dish twice, both times they outright refused they would not stop charging me $5. I searched the Internet and found this SatelliteGuys thread with someone else having problems.

I have no contract with Dish. I went out and got Roku that has Netflick and i love the both of them! This week i am canceling Dish.

i am going though the SAME DISH BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES.

i am a Dish customer of 8 years. I finally hooked up a telephone cord to the Dish 5 months ago. I rented a couple of movies though the telephone cord so i know its live

I kept getting charged $5 and it is continuing. I chatted with Dish twice, both times they outright refused they would not stop charging me $5. I searched the Internet and found this SatelliteGuys thread with someone else having problems.

I have no contract with Dish. I went out and got Roku that has Netflick and i love the both of them! This week i am canceling Dish.

DISH Network did discontinue this long standing promotion of removing this fee when the receiver is connected. I can take a look at your account and see what can be done to assist you, please PM me your account information. Thank you!

The waiving of the tv2 fee by have receiver connected to phone or internet was discontinued some time ago. There is no way Dish will remove it now.
i am removing the charge myself next week when i dump Dish.

Also, 2 years ago i referred a neighbor to Dish. I jumped though all the hoops and circles to get a $50 bonus---Dish never gave it to me. That neighbor dropped Dish last week. Incidentally,I got Blockbuster for streaming videos, then i found out i had to upgrade my receiver for a 2 year contract,plus$100 to install the receiver. Which i did not do. Also, the number of movies via Blockbuster is very limited. Dish/Blockbuster tries to get you to rent movies--Netflick does not pull that.

Dish is getting arrogant and sleazy like cable. If you have not experienced, just wait, eventually you will see the road they are on.

Dish does not charge additional fee to rent the dvd's thru Blockbuster. They do charge if you want more than one at a time. As far as the receiver, sounds like you don't/didn't have an HD receiver. Dish is upgrading everyone to those receivers, it takes a little time before they would get to people without any Vip receiver's on their account. Eventually you could have gotten the upgrade at no charge.

Do i understand this correctly: The $5 waiver for a telephone connection hook up to the receiver is over for everyone? In other words, people who had a $5 waiver for the longest time is no longer getting a wavier?

It sounded personally when the Dish rep said 'no', we are not going to remove the $5 charge. But if the drop of the waiver is across the board, i can tolerate that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts