TVs don't last like they used to...

I must be part-hawk, then, as I do notice a difference between 720 and 1080 panels at my viewing distance. According to your chart, 480 should be fine at 12 feet for a 40" diagonal.

I think my Sony picked up another software update. It shows PKG2.261AAA now. I need to track these updates so I can tell when they come down.

The only downside to this Smart TV is the wait while the set fully boots after power-up. it takes 30-60 seconds before all the remote control inputs are accepted and acted on. For example, I turn on the set and try to switch the input to Satellite or the AppleTV right afterward and the set puts up a "Please Wait" message. Or, try to lower the volume at night and nothing happens right away. The solution is to enable the "always on" setting, trading higher power usage for instant response.

I also miss the dedicated button for the Sleep Timer. I need to press "Option", then arrow down to Sleep Timer, press Select, then arrow up to the time desired. There doesn't seem to be a direct function to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)