[TWC] Does Timewarner charge per dvr?

i will tell you i have brighthouse in central florida and you get one dvr included if you have a digital combo package. i pay extra for my sd dvr but the hd dvr is included.

Here in Columbia, SC, TWC charges for each DVR. When you order digital cable, one digital receiver is included in the price. If you want to upgrade that receiver to a DVR receiver, you have to pay an additional $5. If you want two DVRs (like I have) you pay a $5 upgrade for the first and $15 for the second (which is their normal $10 for an additional digital receiver plus an extra $5 for DVR service). So I pay $20/month to have 2 DVR boxes.

Just wanted to follow my last post and say that here in Columbia, the only thing that makes TWC competitive (in price) with satellite is the dish buyback special. If they take that away from me, it will be a no brainer--I'll have to go back to DirecTV. Without the special there is a $20+ difference in price for the services I have. I wouldn't go back to satellite for $5 or maybe even $10 dollars, but for $20+, the decision would be obvious.

I'm in the process of dumping TWC here in Kansas City now. We are moving and compared DirecTV and DISH to TWC. TWC is charging us $40 for three boxes - two dvr's and one regular digital box. DTV is only going to charge us $25 for SIX boxes. I like TWC, but can't see paying an extra $40, and only get the digital tier on three of my six tv's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)