TWC Fees and Taxes Western NY Area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cloverboy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Can someone tell me what they pay monthly for the various taxes and fees that Time Warner charges in the Western New York area??

When I had Adelphia, I remember the franchise fees and taxes being high.

If I do switch back to TW I just want to know how much to add on to the monthly charge they quote me.

Thanks!!

cloverboy

I live in Cheektowaga and this is pasted from my most recent bill

Taxes and Fees
Date Description Amount
01/08 - 02/07 Franchise Fee $ 4.71
01/08 - 02/07 FCC Reg. Fee $ 0.06
Subtotal Taxes and Fees $ 4.77

FYI, the franchise fee is not supposed to be a Tax. It is local...by local I mean LOCAL. Your local municipality/township/etc. This franchise fee is supposed to be to help the community defray the cost of regulation, contruction, traffic and other concerns due to construction and maintenance and to support the maintenance of local community access (Public, Government and Educational) channels. HOWEVER, many municipalities just take the money and stuff it into the general fund as if it were any other kind of tax. This is not what the Congress intended when they wrote the franchising laws, but they did not specifically exclude it as an option. So there are many communities without the benefit of true local TV whose residents are paying for the services.

I believe 5% is the maximum franchise fee allowed.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts