TWC or Directv. Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have dish now but probably will go back to directv. Is the genie fast? I've heard others say it is slow and sluggish ?

It's mostly fast enough. Every once in awhile, like once or twice a month, it gets sluggish. A restart cures it. It's never as fast as Dish receivers, but I came to the HR34 after having a Dish 922 and it hasn't been a problem at all.

Hey, I live in Columbus. I had Time Warner Cable for over 20 years. I was always scared to switch to Directv, but once I did I felt like a total FOOL for not switching sooner. Directv is absolutely INCREDIBLE. Some members on the forum here that have had Directv for a long time may not get as excited as me, BUT when you first come from cable you will be astounded. My dish was installed on the roof and we had a good bit of snow this winter and I never had one problem the whole winter. I have had the picture go out during heavy rains and once in a while a little pixalation when there is super heavy cloud cover(but that is very short and rare). The Genie dvr is absolutely incredible, the guide is incredible, the hd picture is incredible. You can't even make your own custom guide with Time Warner. They didn't even have folders, so if I recorded 75 episodes of Seinfeld it showed up as 75 different recordings, instead of one folder with 75 Seinfelds. The Time Warner dvr's are an absolute JOKE!! Time Warner customers are so blind as to what that company is doing to them, it is a real shame, and the funniest part is that Time Warner couldn't care less. They will make you use the sa 8300 dvr for the next 50 years!!!!
Directv is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!

Well said.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Time Warner calls me from time to time to ask if I would be interested in other Time Warner Products VOIP or Cable TV, (I have their Internet product). I always tell them when they can offer me a DVR like DirecTV and or all the programing DirecTV can offer I might be interested. The TW associate on the phone then tells me every DirecTV customer he talks to can't wait to get Time Warner back, Bahaaa ahhh ahhh ahhh ahh. I told him I don't know any DirecTV customers that would ever be willing to go back to their terrible DVR's (miniscule Hard Drives, slow interface, terrible UI, and only 2 tuners) and their outrageous equipment charges.

When I spoke with TW last week and told them I was switching to Directv they immediately went into negative sales mode and told me about how DTV goes out when the weather is bad, and I wouldn't be happy with it because of all of the outages. TW Cable must give their salespeople index cards with every lame reason to have people stick with them.

It's sad.....

When I spoke with TW last week and told them I was switching to Directv they immediately went into negative sales mode and told me about how DTV goes out when the weather is bad, and I wouldn't be happy with it because of all of the outages. TW Cable must give their salespeople index cards with every lame reason to have people stick with them.

It's sad.....

When you talk to them again, TWC that is, and they tell you about how often the D* signal goes out, ask them what happens when the storm comes thru and rips your cable line down, see if they get you back up and running before the D* signal comes back ....
D* signal will usually be back quite quick.

It's sad.....

I have both DirecTV and basic cable (via splitting the cable modem line for free 2-13 basic analog, no QAM comes though).

Everytime there is a storm here it knocks out the whole cable system; internet, analog TV, their stupid VOIP, everything. It takes anywhere from 1 to 4 hours for them to get it back up and running (they don't even start on it until it stops raining and if it's not a problem affecting tons of customers it'll take 24 to 48 hours to get fixed.

DirecTV on the other hand only goes out during the hardest part of the storm then quickly returns. I don't think my DirecTV has ever gone out for longer than 7 to 10 minutes.

Thanks for all the replies.

I am for sure going to go to Directv. I am going to wait a little while though. The Genie hr44 sound like it would suit me much better than the current model. The smaller size will fit better in the location I will be putting it in. Also I especially don't like to hear fan noise when watching tv and it sounds like the newer model will be quieter.

I have been putting up with TWC for years. I guess I can wait a couple more months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)