[TWC] twc in raleigh

kael

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Knightdale,NC
I am thinking of switching from dish to twc but wondering about the picture quality of their HD programing? also how does their HDPVR compare?

well let me say I've had both, have a dishnetwork 942 dvr now and I'm thinking of switching back to TWC myself. As far as quality dish has the edge imo,but TWC is going to be switching to all digital channels in our area sometime this year(I HOPE).The SA8300HDDVR, that TWC has is ok,has ondemand features the 942 doesn't have,but you can't take out channels in the program guide that you don't watch like the 942. I may wait till TWC switches to all digital and way my options then. why are you wanting to switch if Ican ask

I am on my 2nd 921 hdpvr with same problem with both in that the audio keeps poping and the only solution dish will give is to send me another 921. add to that my wife is wondering if cable isn't just a better way to get hd and maybe cheaper. I am up in the air right now as which way to go.

I think if I were in your shoes I would switch now, if you don't want to upgrade to the new vip622 reciever dish has.Heck it's getting now were sat. is more expensive than cable in the end it just depends on what you want.

You are right If I added it up correctly their is only a couple dollars differents. The more my wife and I talk the more she is leaning toward cable.

HD Content on TWC - Raleigh

Hey folks!

I have TWC right here in NE Raleigh. I have the SA 8300HD DVR, as well. I have to say, I'm digging it a lot. I've got HD being pumped into my Dell 42" plasma via HDMI. Everything looks really good. The only problem I've encountered is that NBC17 sometimes (less than once a week) will experience some signal degradation. Otherwise, things are solid. Additionally, the TWC DVR is not Tivo, but it does everything I am looking for.

I should mention that I have the HD Suite, as well. It not bad, but I dig Universal HD the most (Law & Order: SVU reruns in HD!).

:D The only thing they could do to make me a happier customer is bring on some more HD content.

thanks nateman99 you answered another question I had in the back of my mind about connecting the dvr to my jvc 52' hd-dlp set with hdmi. I was looking at having the HD Suite included glad to hear you like it. If its not to personal ball park figure what does it cost you? I'm guessing it's the same price in Knightdale.

What do I pay for cable service? Here is the rundown...

DigiPic 2000 Combo - 80.75/mo. (again, I have HBO and Showtime and their HD versions)
HD Suite - 6.95/mo.
DVR - 6.95/mo.

(plus applicable taxes) 7.61/mo.

TOTAL - 102.26/mo.

Nate

Last edited:
Thanks alot nateman99 after checking my bills bellsouth dsl dish hd programing and local along with bellsouth phone service I'm paying a lot more than that. Move on over here comes another twc subscriber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)