Twenty20 World Cup 2007 in US???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tmehmood

Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
could anybody tell me which channel or programme i have to subscribe to watch Twenty20 World Cup 2007 in US on DirectTv? as i called them and they don't know even they r telecasting it or not but as i have read some channel on Directtv is telecasting it..... how much it is going to charge me ?????

directv is telecasting 20-20 worldcup for sure.

i think u may need the international dish (95W) to access the channel.

Check DirecTV International Cricketplus channel 2024

ADDED:
Call here 1–888–244–0530

PLUS the CSRs may know it as another name other than what you are calling it so be patient with them. They only know what they are reading from a provided script.

ICC World Twenty20

Cricket Twenty/20

Cricket World Championships

Cricket World Cup

20-20 World Cup

I have seen all these names and more referring to the same event.

ADDED: (from a fast google search)

August 17, 2007 4:30 pm IST

MUMBAI: ESPN STAR Sports (ESS), has announced a slew of broadcast partnerships for the first edition of the ICC World Twenty20 slated to kick off in September in South Africa.

ESPN STAR Sports and its affiliate EML have secured global coverage for the tournament with over 105 countries slated to showcase the inaugural edition of ICC World Twenty20.

The coverage will be available on ESPN, STAR Sports, and recently launched cricket-dedicated channel STAR Cricket along with their affiliated television channels in various Asian countries including India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Thailand and China. This marks the first time that an ICC event will be shown live on television in China, informs an official statement issued by the company.

In addition, ESPN STAR Sports has secured partnerships with broadcasters across globe including deals with North America DirecTV in the United States of America, ATN in Canada, Caribbean Media Corporation in the Caribbean, South African Broadcasting Corporation and SuperSport in Africa, Taj TV (TEN Sports) in the Middle East, Sky Television Network in New Zealand, Geo TV in United Kingdom and Pakistan, Premier Media Group in Australia and SuperSport in Greece, Cyprus and Mauritius.

Late last year, ESPN STAR Sports' affiliate, EML, was awarded the global telecast rights from the International Cricket Council (ICC) for all of their events from 2007 to 2015.

ESPN STAR Sports managing director Jamie Davis said, "We are delighted to begin our partnership with ICC with the 2007 ICC World Twenty20. Through our own platforms in Asia and with our partners across the globe, we have been able to set new benchmarks in distribution which will pave the way for a record number of fans to witness the inaugural ICC World Twenty20 South Africa 2007 action in all its glory."

ESPN STAR Sports EVP programming and marketing Manu Sawhney said, "We are extremely pleased with the enthusiastic response from the partners across the world for the inaugural ICC World Twenty20. In addition to these partnerships, we are currently in discussions with more broadcasters across markets and we would soon be sharing the details on them. This would further extend the reach of this tournament thus setting new standards of global distribution of cricket."

ICC chief executive officer Malcolm Speed said, "The ICC is delighted to have such a strong and committed partner in ESPN STAR Sports who has consistently delivered quality cricket coverage with the highest production values to fans.

"And now, with these broadcast partnerships covering more than 105 countries, including the United States of America and for the first time, China, the first ever ICC World Twenty20 has the potential to reach new heights of viewership thus ensuring the best possible coverage we could hope for, something that should help ensure our strong sport grows even stronger."

Covering television and new media platforms including internet and mobile, these distribution partnerships promise to make the games available to millions of viewers across the world. The inaugural ICC World Twenty20 South Africa 2007 to be held in September 2007 will be the first event to be hosted by ESPN STAR Sports as a part of the eight-year agreement with ICC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)