twin LBNs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is just to receive signals from more than one satellite using one dish. Generally these satellites have to be more than 2 degrees apart. One of the favourites is 101w and 97w at present. The drawback is with a fixed dishes is the off set LNBs use a smaller surface area of the dish so the dish size is calculated for the weakest signal and if possible make this the focus of the prime LNB.
There are dishes specially made for this practice called torroids which require a Spectrum analyser or sat meter and a lot of patience.

im not sure what your trying to ask....are you asking why some satellite dishes have more than one LNB on the dish?....if so, it is because the dish is aimed at multiple satellites....each LNB is aimed at a different satellite....

EDIT....looks like others beat me to it....lol

The reason I was asking was that I have one lbn, on a 36" dish and a hh motor, but I am having trouble getting any of the standard stations. When I scan it only picks up a couple of the tp that are listed and non of them are worth watching, unless you understand Arabic or Chinese or the like.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)