Twin lnb ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Musher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
OK I have one question? I have a twin lnb(f) that I'm trying to use and only have one coax running into it. Do I need to run a second coax from the lnb to 4-way DiSEqC switch. Port 1 is a single output lnb to 97w and port 2 is 101w using only one output from the twin lnb. The twin lnb is pointed to 101w AMC 4.

Musher

what do you mean a Twin?

When I think of a "Twin LNB" I think of a Dish Network LNB that sees 110 & 119

Do you mean a dual? That has two outputs and sees one satellite?

Iceberg, the lnbf is a DMS International BSC322-2 Dual Universal LNBF. Sorry about the mix up.
Musher

OK

so thats a dual. You only need one cable to the diseqc switch. You will get both polarities on the one cable

The duals allow you to run 2 (or more with a multiswitch) receivers off the LNB

Iceberg maybe its bad or dead lnbf, cause I ran the main coax from the recevier to this lnbf on 97w and it can't pick up anything but other lnbf a Invacom SNH031 works fine at the same 97w. Guess I should pick up some new lnbf's. I did try the Invacom at 101w and it worked fine.

Musher

Iceberg maybe its bad or dead lnbf, cause I ran the main coax from the recevier to this lnbf on 97w and it can't pick up anything but other lnbf a Invacom SNH031 works fine at the same 97w. Guess I should pick up some new lnbf's. I did try the Invacom at 101w and it worked fine.

Musher

Didn't you say that it was pointed at the 101W only? One lnbf can only be aimed at either one, not both. If you want both birds then you need a twin lnbf setup such as the Glorystar dual lnbf outfit. It has 2 mini lnbf's in one bracket. These two birds are 4° degrees apart and usually too tight for using standard sized lnbf's together which cannot get closer than 6° degrees.

Maybe your Invacom is pointing between the two sats when you switched or you moved the dish. Can you be more specific about what you've done? And by the way, you can't get both sats by using a diseqc switch if you only have one lnbf, it doesn't work that way. It sounds like your configuration is wrong.

EDIT: I added a pic for your convenience, hope it makes better sense, good luck :) I believe this is your ultimate goal as seen in the diagram.

Attachments

• your setup.JPG
    your setup.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Iceberg, I posted the wrong info on the lnbf earlier it is a Twin KU LNBF part# JSC322-2 not the BSC322-2

McGuyver, I have a 90cm dish mounted to a motor on the roof but during set up I blow up the motor and no longer works. I have ordered one but its not here yet. This is the one that has the Invacom LNBF on it now.
I did pick up a second 90cm Fortec Star dish and put onto a ground mount to see if I could pick up either 83-89-101 and this is what I'm playing around with, till the new motor gets here.
Today and just got done, I did what some other have done here and that is I took a small tv and my two receivers outside and play with both lnbf's. I have N-fusion HD and a Fortec Star Dynamic receivers and took the Invacom down to the ground mounted dish along with the JSC322-2 lnbf.
I did use my Sat Hawk 5000 meter and found with the Invacom lnbf 83-89-97-101 no problem and both receivers had good SS 75-98% and SQ 50-85%. When I switch to the other lnbf the SS 5-40% SQ 0-5% on both receivers.
So my guess is that the JSC322-2 lnbf is dead, dead, dead. So I will be ordering a couple new lnbfs this coming week.

Musher

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)