docj2005

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
st louis park mn
has the true south sat changed for the twincites
lynsat show that there is nothing on g26
and g25 is just about at the same location
should i be resetting things to that sat...
juse a little confused
trying to figure out out why i can get the sats on the fring sides of the arc
i get realy strong signal in the middle
but try to get like 123 or amc6
i get nothing
any help
thanks
docj

There are still signals present on G26, your dish may not be aimed properly. What type motor/dish/receiver are you using?

working ;)

93W is still our true south...we are at 93W so true south never changes....check thelist at the top. There are 5 or 6 FTA channels and some scrambled ones there.

edit: the only way a true south would change is if you didnt have a "true" true south and a new sat was put in....example would be 77W where there was no sat until Dish moved E6 there.

Also you can use USALS to move the dish to any sat then aim. Not the best but folks who have a line of site issue for their true south have done that before

Last edited:
I've used USALS to drive to my true south sat before aligning my east-west settings both times I have set it up. It's ok not to if you are at the same longitude as your true south sat is but if you happen to live .3 degrees off your true south as I do, it will make a big difference in being able to get the entire arc.

The first time I tried to set it up with the motor at zero and adjusted for good signal on 89W, I had problems at both ends of the arc. When I reread the motor manual, and drove the dish to 89W while my receiver was still set to my 89.3W and repointed for best true south sat the entire arc came in.

With it drove to 89W while I was at 89.3 was the difference of getting Hispasat at 30W. The first time I tried to set it up when the motor was zeroed on 89 I could only get to 43W. Even then the channels would scan in but were unwatchable due to microblocking. 148W wouldn't scan in on my first attempt either but since there is nothing good west of 129 on Ku that is FTA I really didn't care about it. 148W did scan in, even though there is not much to see there, after it was properly aligned. BTW my circular lnb was east of my linear lnb and 148 was aimed at with 1.2 not USALS.

Last edited:
Yup, whatever is at our 93West is True South, be it Telstar 6, Ia 6, G26, or now G25....good grief there have been a lot of name/satellite changes in a little time...

If you're getting Aztecas strong, you're in the right vicinity. Too bad Gene/Melissa Scott aren't there anymore to help guide us :)

my set up is a 90cm dish
wthi a hh120 motor
and a vision sat 200pvr
and a coolsat 8100 pvr
i also have a sky star 2.3 pc card

i have several different lnbs
standard and unaversal
also crrcualr

Last edited:
dont now whats wrong

nothini have very strong signal on my true south and through most of the arc
but when i get to the edges
list 123 aad amc 6 i get nothing

disco and i have tried several time to fine tune things

any ideas
disco can chime in and explan a little better i hope
thabnks

Last edited:
there is nothing blocking thouse sats
i have goten them in the past with no problems
i have even tried several differant lnbs

different LNB"s probably wont help..most are the same ;)

Can you get the next door sats to the ones with issues (121 & 74)? Both have a transponder that should be maxing the meter (or real close to it)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts