Fortec Star Dynamic/Mercury Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok let me explain the problem I ran across as best as I can, and see if anyone else has had this issue. I have the new Star Dynamic receiver but I understand that the Mercury II is the same guts. Ok I have a 30" motorized dish I get all sats on from 129W to 83west, except 74w and 79w. 74West is on a seperate dish as is 79w. I'm using 3 ports of the diseqc switch. Well I went to auto scan and set up the sats I wanted to scan...including the two sats on the fixed dishes. It appears when the receiver got to the last sat it found on the motorized dish which is port #1 on the diseqc switch it didn't switch to ports 2 and 3. It scanned the last satellite it found on the motorized dish (port 1) it scanned it 3 times! The channels for that last sat showed up in three places on my channel menu. The only one of the three places that showed up and worked was the actual satellite. Example the last sat on the motorized dish was say 91w it dumps the actual channels for 91W three places. Now when I power scan via the antenna setup menu and push powerscan its scans and tries to put the incorrect channels on say 91w for instance. If I go to a channel that is actually on 91w to watch it and then push powerscan on the remote it appears to scan correctly. I seem to be able to store it correctly from there. What started all this was I deleted all my channels saturday...accidently, and spent 3 1/2 hours rescanning them that's how i noticed what it was doing. Anyone else have this problem. hopefully I explained it as best I could. I guess I could delete and rescan everything again but I'm in no hurry to spend almost 4hours at it again. Something recognizes the motorized dish but not the two fix dishes on the auto scan I guess.Thanks! Blind

I think you're going to have to explore this issue some. Try scanning just 2 of the sats on the motor and the 2 fixed dishes and see what happens. You would think, that if the setup is correct, there wouldn't be this problem.
:?

Brent yeah thats possibly my next option to try. I'm suspecting the issue is with the Diseqc switch. No big deal I've sort of found a work around by going to an actual channel on the sat I want to scan and it works that way for now...oh well more later Thanks! Blind:)

or you can test this
pick the three sats to scan
manually scan one tp on each of those sats
and then try your process (like you did the first time)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)