Twinhan question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pokey31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Pickerington, OH
I was looking at the twinhan120g that everyone seems to be happy with so i can recieve the 4:2:2 format. Only problem that i see is that i would have to use it on my desktop, which is an inconvenient location for me right now. I was looking at the twinhan USB box that i could hook up to my notebook computer and basically have it in the same room as the rest of my setup (pansat 3500 and uniden supra analog).

I guess my question is, what are the main differences between the 120g and the USB version? i know the 120g is 2nd generation......but will they practically give me the same programming, etc...?

One thing you might want to consider is software support. If you want 4:2:2 or HD decoding your probably going to have to use a 3rd party software package as I'm not sure the stock twinhan software supports that. Whatever software package you intend to use, you might want to make sure that software package will work with the usb version before you make any purchasing decisions. Most of the popular software supports the Twinhan PCI cards but it may be quite different for the usb tuner. I'm not saying this is the case. I'm just saying that it's something I'd look into before buying the usb tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts