Two 722's Now Allowed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ae4ac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
When I recently upgraded to a 722, if I understand correctly, at that time E* was only allowing one 722 per upgrade per account. I recently read in another thread somewhere that beginning in October they would be allowing 2 HD DVR's on an account. Does anyone know what the terms of such a deal would be. Are they doing the $199 less $100 rebate for it also or would it be at a higher price? I have not seen anything about this on their website.

The second 722 would be nice. I might replace my 510, especially if the price is right. :)

I could call them, but I never trust what the CSR's say. I know that someone here will know the straight on it! (Had to talk to the "executive office" when I did the 722 upgrade to get the monthly billing straightened out when the CSR and the supervisor neither one knew the correct answer!)

ae4ac

I have been hearing this will be the case after tomarrow, but have not heard on any costs. CEO address would probually be the best idea here to get the correct infomation unless you enjoy playing CSR roullette.

Per the retailer chat last Friday:
DISH’n It Up will allow for up to 4 HD DVR Tuners

Effective October 3, 2007, Dish is increasing the number of HD receivers and tuners they will allow for their DISH’n It Up promotional program.
Currently they only allow a maximum of 2 receivers and 3 tuners under DISH’n It Up.
Starting October 3, 2007 customers who want to add or upgrade to an HD receiver under DISH’n It Up will be allowed a maximum of 2 receivers and 4 tuners BUT only if the receivers are ViP622 DVR or ViP722 DVR receivers.
For all other configurations, the maximum remains at 2 receivers and 3 tuners
Customers can not use any other receivers in this new 2 receiver / 4 tuner transaction limit.
Keep in mind also that the limit of 4 leased tuners per account will still be enforced.
HD DVR receiver combinations
ViP622 DVR / ViP622 DVR
ViP722 DVR / ViP722 DVR
ViP722 DVR / ViP622 DVR
ViP622 DVR / ViP722 DVR
Customer Pricing – the pricing for the first and the second HD DVRs will be the same (depending on plan)

Well, I guess time will tell exactly what all of that means. I would hope that it means that the "one dish'n it up transaction per 12 month period" rule would not apply but who knows? Also that the $100 rebate would be available. But, I havent seen the rebate for the first 722 yet so no need to expect too much :(

ae4ac

I just upgraded my 2 622's to 2 722's but had to go through ceo@echostar.com based on a bad experience with a CSR. That was before this announcement so from the sounds of it you should be good to go and yes, the $99 credit is per 722 so $398 up front with 198 comin' back at ya in credits.

I just inquired about adding a 722 to feed my new HDLCD set in my master bedroom. I currently have a 622 in my family room the feeds my 50" and I used to use TV2 out to the bedroom, but not now, it doesn't put out HD for the new set. I also have a 625 supplying my 2 daughters TVs, so the rep informed me I would have to pay $599 to lease another box. Not likely, the wife would shoot me, and that is a ridiculous amount of money to lease a box. I left DTV 16 months ago for Dish's HD, since then FIOS is down my street and DTV is calling with HD offers to my 2 sets and I already have an old R10 and SAT-T60 I can use in my daughters rooms. What is Dish thinking?

That is the outright purchase price for a 722, isn't it?

Claude has them for $529 - and you own it!

I currently have 2 622's and a 942 all with 3 tuners but since I own all of my equipment I guess the 4 tuner limit doesn't apply.

Correct, that's only for leased equipment. Has anyone called asking for a second 622 or 722? I thought this was allowed as of yesterday but maybe the CSRs didn't get the memo yet. :)

anybody get in on the 2 HD DVR , yet , whats upfront prices , I called on the 3rd and the CS rep from India had no Idea what i was talking about , of coruse this was expected :rolleyes:, I don't feel like playing rolly polly with CS rep right now , so was wondering if any body had successfully got this, will shoot an email to CEO soon !

I got 2x 722, 2x 622, and 1x 411 no problem activating any except the 411 because it wasn't in the E* system yet. I only lease 1 box and it's a 722 the rest are bought.

dishstore.net is your friend cheaper then E*.

just got this tip on another board - get to the tech department instead.

If you really want it try ceo@echostar.com that is who I contacted and have a new 722 set up for install tomorrow. It is a $199 upgrade fee, with $100 in rebate that was instantly applied to my account. $99 for an install is acceptable, this way I know it works, he has to run a new line, since that was TV2, and then I'll have a 622, 722 and 625 for my girls rooms. I don't see why I had to use that email address to get any action, it's not like I want something for nothing, but not allowing more HDDVrs is crazy, especially when I have FIOS, DTV and Comcast knocking at my door. I like the 622 and the way it works, I didn't want to try another provider, I had CC and DTV already.

superdave - i have a question - i'm getting dish tomorrow (722) and was at radio shack today and they said it will not search and automatically record shows based on keywords. is this true ? i see you have a lot of equip and thought i'd get further with you than a csr.
for example- can i set up 'beatles' and it will automatically record any show where beatles is in the description and/or title? he said it'll only search - i then must set a timer.
thanks so much for the time and info!

I had two 811 recievers and they upgraded me to two 622's with $298 up front cost and $200 in rebates and they will come out and install my new dish next Sat. I think this should be a lot better than what I have now. I got this on Thursday after talking to tech support and trying to get this for a few days.

superdave - i have a question - i'm getting dish tomorrow (722) and was at radio shack today and they said it will not search and automatically record shows based on keywords. is this true ? i see you have a lot of equip and thought i'd get further with you than a csr.
for example- can i set up 'beatles' and it will automatically record any show where beatles is in the description and/or title? he said it'll only search - i then must set a timer.
thanks so much for the time and info!

I have never used it, but if you press the left arrow it opens a Themes and Search screen. From there you can search by title or info (guide info I presume) and even use an exact match. Looks like it will find shows based on keywords to me, from there it will bring up all search results and then you go through them and set up a recording. Not as easy as a DTiVo that will record everything forever with the keyword, but it is still a good function.

Per the retailer chat last Friday:
DISH’n It Up will allow for up to 4 HD DVR Tuners

Effective October 3, 2007, Dish is increasing the number of HD receivers and tuners they will allow for their DISH’n It Up promotional program.
Currently they only allow a maximum of 2 receivers and 3 tuners under DISH’n It Up.
Starting October 3, 2007 customers who want to add or upgrade to an HD receiver under DISH’n It Up will be allowed a maximum of 2 receivers and 4 tuners BUT only if the receivers are ViP622 DVR or ViP722 DVR receivers.
For all other configurations, the maximum remains at 2 receivers and 3 tuners
Customers can not use any other receivers in this new 2 receiver / 4 tuner transaction limit.
Keep in mind also that the limit of 4 leased tuners per account will still be enforced.
HD DVR receiver combinations
ViP622 DVR / ViP622 DVR
ViP722 DVR / ViP722 DVR
ViP722 DVR / ViP622 DVR
ViP622 DVR / ViP722 DVR
Customer Pricing – the pricing for the first and the second HD DVRs will be the same (depending on plan)

I wonder if they will apply this same logic for new customer programs, and start to allow 2 DVRs there, too. I'm looking to switchover from cable to sat, and I want 2 VIP722 DVRs for my installation, or at least a 722 and a 622, but having to buy/lease the second HD DVR at full price is pretty expensive compared to what D* is offering for new customers. Making that accomodation might help to offset the current advantage that D* has with the recent flood of available HD channels, that are apparently non-Lite.

I'm hoping that Claude might update his SatelliteGuys special offer web page to show that change in policy, and the allowable hardware mix to include a 722/722 or 722/622 at Dishstore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts