Two and a Half Men

Well at least it is funnier than a car crash----and a little less likely to be the cause of a real death at the time.

"Meat Explosion" is a perfect way for Charlie to die. Now I've read elsewhere that Ashton Kutcher will be a billionaire who buys Charlie's house and Alan and Jake get to stay. I find that premise a real reach. Why would a billionaire care about buying a small beach house like Charlie's, especially with Alan & Jake attached?

Unlike Ivory Soap I think the new show will sink. We shall see.

Yep. This is all economics. Understand that the new character, and all of the returning characters, are on a one-year contract.

This year's shows, and the unfinished part of last year, have been pre-sold. CBS and other networks in other countries have already paid for it. And it has been syndicated through five sets of reruns on various "cable" channels and to local stations. WHATEVER they toss up, they get paid.

So they try this deal. If it doesn't work, they make tons of money. If it does, all the better.

"Meat Explosion" is a perfect way for Charlie to die. Now I've read elsewhere that Ashton Kutcher will be a billionaire who buys Charlie's house and Alan and Jake get to stay. I find that premise a real reach. Why would a billionaire care about buying a small beach house like Charlie's, especially with Alan & Jake attached?

That's part of what I said in an earlier post...doesn't make sense, plus what kind of relationship could he have with Alan & Jake?

I have to agree that it isa bot of a stretch but let's remember that this is a sitcom. this genre is not known for plausibility. We have had sitcoms about spy operations run out of a WW II PoW camp. astronauts finding genies in a bottle, advertising execs marrying witches, interstellar garbage scows, families of monsters, and even a Cuban American bandleader who marries a zany redhead who gets herself in preposterous predicaments while she tries to break into show business.

So we really can't be too harsh on this one.
So we really can't judge th

...We have had sitcoms about spy operations run out of a WW II PoW camp. astronauts finding genies in a bottle, advertising execs marrying witches, interstellar garbage scows, families of monsters, and even a Cuban American bandleader who marries a zany redhead who gets herself in preposterous predicaments while she tries to break into show business.

Yes, but those shows were all real. :p

And they were new shows, not established shows...

Not sure how that makes a difference. Even the original premise of the show was always a bit much. Charlie and Alan just would not last that long as adult roommmates. Sitcoms go in ridiculous directions maybe they will find a way to make this one seem somewhat plausible but I suspect they just won't care.

Not sure how that makes a difference. Even the original premise of the show was always a bit much. Charlie and Alan just would not last that long as adult roommmates. Sitcoms go in ridiculous directions maybe they will find a way to make this one seem somewhat plausible but I suspect they just won't care.

Exactly. In real life, Charlie would have put up with Alan a couple of weeks and then bought a small condo over in the Valley for him. Sits in sitcoms are seldom believable, and the success will be in the interaction of the characters. They already have a good ensemble. It has been proven to work on those occassions when Charlie was "unavailable" for taping. The only question is whether AK can blend in with the existing dynamics. I'm willing to give it a shot.

My fear with AK is he always tends to play a rather "dumb" or goofy guy, much like Alan is. That's where Alan & Charlie played off of each other. I'm interested in what kind of personality AK will have and if he can pull it off.
Ghpr13:)

I think people will tune in to see if the new opening episode just to see if it fails. But it remains to be seen if they will still tune in after a couple of episodes.

Sounds like the season premiere will have a record number of viewers. Of course, it should be interesting to see how many are still viewing six episodes into the season. We shall see.

I think people will tune in to see if the new opening episode just to see if it fails. But it remains to be seen if they will still tune in after a couple of episodes.

Totally agree.
Ghpr13:)

What a complete $#!(head for demanding this trailer...and people wonder they had a French Revolution. Someone please kick my arse if I one day feel a sense of entitlement to ask for such unneeded luxuries. One would think being paid 700K per episode would be enough. Yikes! Mr. Kutcher can shove his Nikon... :tsk:

So, it is really 708k per episode with the trailer rental. It sounds extravagant, but it is still much cheaper than they would have had to pay...

What a complete $#!(head for demanding this trailer...and people wonder they had a French Revolution. Someone please kick my arse if I one day feel a sense of entitlement to ask for such unneeded luxuries. One would think being paid 700K per episode would be enough. Yikes! Mr. Kutcher can shove his Nikon... :tsk:

Where does it say he demanded it? Maybe they offered it to him.

Looks very similar to the one that got Will Smith in hot water in NYC while filming MIB3.

Salem on WGN America

Stalker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)