Two cat5/network jacks on HR22

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tdouble

Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
West Virginia
I promise I seached forums for this answer but I couldn't find it...

Two cat 5 jacks on the back of the HR22 receiver. Marked 1 and 2. Tell me why 2?

I hope I can go in one and out the other to a blu ray player so they can both see the internet. Would be nice if that were the case.

haven't finished my cabling to the back of entertainment center so I would like to know if I need two cable runs for this application or if I can for sure jump from DVR to blu ray.

Thanks in advance.~

You can do that, but don't. It's been recommended that the 2nd port not be used for a passthrough, it will effect the preformance of your DVR. If you need the two connections there go out and buy a 10/100Mbps ethernet switch, you can find them for $20 to $30 for a good five port switch.

Wow, thanks for the quick answer. I will do the switch. There could be other network needs in that area in the future anyway.

What's been said is that the issue isn't with the device connected through the 2nd port but the performance of the HD DVR. The reason given is that the ethernet switch for port 2 uses processor cycles in the CPU, kind of like how the old 56Kbps soft modems in PC's used CPU cycles to function.

What's been said is that the issue isn't with the device connected through the 2nd port but the performance of the HD DVR. The reason given is that the ethernet switch for port 2 uses processor cycles in the CPU, kind of like how the old 56Kbps soft modems in PC's used CPU cycles to function.

right, I used my dvr why downloading a 1 gig addon to my xbox maxxing out my fios connection did not notice a prefomance hit on the box. I would not say use it on a constant heavy basis like I would not plug my vudu into it.

but for xbox /ps3 I say it just fine.

Talk about dating yourself on these boards; I remember the exact same thing. :sleeo

I used the second port on my HR23 to connect an HR20. I had no problems, that I noticed, with this arrangement. When MRV became available I moved the HR20 to a bedroom to use on the LCD TV there. So now the two DVRs are connected via a switch.

I also run my Xbox through the DVR without noticing any performance hit.

Dating ourselves? That's for sure. I remember running a 14.4 modem to connect to a BBS called AOL. Nice B&W CGA graphics and all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts