Two different satellite dishes and diplexers

Banana26

Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
I have a single-LNB satellite dish on Hispasat 30 degrees W and I am currently using Brighthouse Networks Digital Cable. I use a Diplexer to combine both signals into my living room (with the use of another diplexer in the living room). This is working fine. I can also split the signal into other rooms from the diplexer out by using a splitter (one out to the living room and the other out to the other room). I have only tried this with the living room and one other room.

I also have installed a dual-LNB DirectTV dish that I had before going with Digital Cable. If I wanted to go back to DirectTV with my other Hispasat dish, what kind of diplexer should I use? I only seem to find diplexers that combine single or dual LNB signals with off air or cable TV, but I cannot find diplexers that combine signals from two different dishes, in this case one dual and another single LNBs.

Any feedback is appreciated.

the intended use for diplexers are to combine off air and sat signals. the easiest and prob the cheapest way to do this is just run another cable from the directv dish to the receiver.

you cant do that...

cable and satellite run on different frequencies so it will work. Since you have 2 satellite systems, it wont work :)

Thanks Iceberg.

I see. I am fairly new to the world of Satellite TV and my questions may seem too naive. Sorry about that. :confused:
I have asked around and it appears that you may be able to combine the signal(s) from DishNetwork and the signal from a FTA dish into a coax cable. What do you know about this? And if it is possible, how do you accomplish it? With a Multi Switch?

While asking around also, I have been told that if I have a DirecTV Para Todos, that I could move the dish to point to the Dish Network satellites. With a Dish Network receiver, would I be able to watch Dish Network with a DirecTV dish? Or is it just better to go with a new Dish Network installation?

Thanks. :)

Banana26 said:
Thanks Iceberg.

I see. I am fairly new to the world of Satellite TV and my questions may seem too naive. Sorry about that. :confused:
dont worry about it...thats what we're here for :)
I have asked around and it appears that you may be able to combine the signal(s) from DishNetwork and the signal from a FTA dish into a coax cable. What do you know about this? And if it is possible, how do you accomplish it? With a Multi Switch?
if you are trying to get FTA and say the audio on Dish 119, that can be done with a DiSEqC switch. Think of a 2 in 1 out switch :)
You cant mix a Dish Network dish and a FTA dish to go to a Dish receiver and a FTA receiver, because that gets back to the origianl issue.
While asking around also, I have been told that if I have a DirecTV Para Todos, that I could move the dish to point to the Dish Network satellites. With a Dish Network receiver, would I be able to watch Dish Network with a DirecTV dish? Or is it just better to go with a new Dish Network installation?

Thanks. :)
if you are a new subscriber, have Dish install a new Dish Network dish. You could use the Para dish by reaiming it and moving one of the LNB's around

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts