Two dish 500's

porkapatamus

Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Hello, I noticed there were two satellite dishes on my house from Dish Network. They are both 500's. One of them has a coaxial that comes out of it and into the other 500. The another line comes out of the second 500 and down to my receiver.

Why would I need two dishes setup like this? From what I've read I just need one dish that points to the 110 and 119 satellites?

Thanks!

Do this, menu 6-1-1, goto check switch screen...

You'll see the matrix, it'll show your satellites such as 119,110,61.5,129,148

I would think it'll probably have 119,110,61.5.

If you have 61.5, probably for a high def channel... though there are various other reasons as to why you could have a second dish, I've done an install before using two dishes one for 119 and one for 110 aimed perfect for LOS on a roof.

Thanks guys. I ask because a tree limb hit one of my dishes, and now I can't get any signal. So I'm hoping to just use the other one, point it to the 110 and 119 and have everything work again. I don't have HD or anything like that, just a standard package and locals. LOS looks great, so I was just trying to figure out why there wouldn't possibly be two dishes, and if I could get away with just one and not have to pay for a new dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts