Two DVB cards in one machine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mark_calgary

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
The dry side of the Rockies
I just puchased a second Skystar 2 PCI card off of ebay.

At first I will place it in my old Mac to play around with it but the permanent home will be the PC which is attached to my TV so I will have two DVB cards in it.

The plan is to use one of them as a slave off of the STB which controls my big dish (C and Ku) and a single Ku fixed dish, the other will use the second outputs off of my motorized Ku dish dual LNBs (lin + circ) through a switch.

I know that the drivers for the skystar 2 are supposed to allow multiple cards and the main application I use - DVBviewer - is supposed to support it as well but I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried using two DVB cards in one machine before and what problems they ran into as it would be good to know what to expect.

I just puchased a second Skystar 2 PCI card off of ebay.

At first I will place it in my old Mac to play around with it but the permanent home will be the PC which is attached to my TV so I will have two DVB cards in it.

The plan is to use one of them as a slave off of the STB which controls my big dish (C and Ku) and a single Ku fixed dish, the other will use the second outputs off of my motorized Ku dish dual LNBs (lin + circ) through a switch.

I know that the drivers for the skystar 2 are supposed to allow multiple cards and the main application I use - DVBviewer - is supposed to support it as well but I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried using two DVB cards in one machine before and what problems they ran into as it would be good to know what to expect.

Two skystar's work fine with 4.4.0 but very easy to get confused about which card you are trying to access. Two applications trying to use the same card.

Mark, I've had 2 cards working on my pc in the past a twinhan and a skystar 2
no problems, I've also had twinhan,skystar 2 and my 8psk board all at the same time, I was just seeing if it would work, did fine as far as I could tell.

Mark, I've had 2 cards working on my pc in the past a twinhan and a skystar 2
no problems, I've also had twinhan,skystar 2 and my 8psk board all at the same time, I was just seeing if it would work, did fine as far as I could tell.

Thanks, now if only the mail would move faster. It's been a week which isn't too bad but I'm worried it might get stuck at customs.

I almost bought a twinhan but decided to stick with a skystar since my current one has worked flawlessly and I won't have to deal with another driver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts