Two DVR's

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Y

yelloguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 24, 2005
Hi,

I just got a new DirecTivo R-10 in one room and a non-tivo D-10 in another. I was wondering if I should buy another Tivo unit for my other room since it is free after mail in rebate. I think I saw a limit of two mail in rebates per household and I have not yet sent in the first one.

The reason I want to do this now is because of the contract. I have a two year contract with DirecTV and if I activate a new Tivo six months from now, I have heard that they will extend the contract from that time to another two years.

I was wondering if anyone has done that? Thanks in advance.

P

peterl1365

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jun 1, 2004
yelloguy said:
Hi,

I just got a new DirecTivo R-10 in one room and a non-tivo D-10 in another. I was wondering if I should buy another Tivo unit for my other room since it is free after mail in rebate. I think I saw a limit of two mail in rebates per household and I have not yet sent in the first one.

The reason I want to do this now is because of the contract. I have a two year contract with DirecTV and if I activate a new Tivo six months from now, I have heard that they will extend the contract from that time to another two years.

I was wondering if anyone has done that? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about this, but I thought that the rebate limit was one per household. There is a limit of two DVR's in six months, but I think only one of them would be eligible for a rebate.

As for the two year contract, that is correct. You would be under contract for a total of 2 years and months.

Hogarth

Hogarth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 15, 2004
Somewhere, OK
peterl1365 said:
I'm not sure about this, but I thought that the rebate limit was one per household. There is a limit of two DVR's in six months, but I think only one of them would be eligible for a rebate.
Correct on the latter.

peterl1365 said:
As for the two year contract, that is correct. You would be under contract for a total of 2 years and months.
That's 2 years, 6 months.
Notable as it's not 4 years.

H

Y

yelloguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 24, 2005
Just so I understand it correctly, I can purchase another DVR six months from now and that would be eligible for rebate? And when I activate that one, they would extend my contract for two years starting on that day? So I would end up with a contract for 2 years and 6 months. Is this correct?

P

peterl1365

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jun 1, 2004
Hogarth said:
That's 2 years, 6 months.
Notable as it's not 4 years.

H

Thanks. That's what I meant to say.

Hogarth

Hogarth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 15, 2004
Somewhere, OK
yelloguy said:
Just so I understand it correctly, I can purchase another DVR six months from now and that would be eligible for rebate?
No. The rebate is one per household.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts