Two DVR's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yelloguy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Hi,

I just got a new DirecTivo R-10 in one room and a non-tivo D-10 in another. I was wondering if I should buy another Tivo unit for my other room since it is free after mail in rebate. I think I saw a limit of two mail in rebates per household and I have not yet sent in the first one.

The reason I want to do this now is because of the contract. I have a two year contract with DirecTV and if I activate a new Tivo six months from now, I have heard that they will extend the contract from that time to another two years.

I was wondering if anyone has done that? Thanks in advance.

yelloguy said:
Hi,

I just got a new DirecTivo R-10 in one room and a non-tivo D-10 in another. I was wondering if I should buy another Tivo unit for my other room since it is free after mail in rebate. I think I saw a limit of two mail in rebates per household and I have not yet sent in the first one.

The reason I want to do this now is because of the contract. I have a two year contract with DirecTV and if I activate a new Tivo six months from now, I have heard that they will extend the contract from that time to another two years.

I was wondering if anyone has done that? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about this, but I thought that the rebate limit was one per household. There is a limit of two DVR's in six months, but I think only one of them would be eligible for a rebate.

As for the two year contract, that is correct. You would be under contract for a total of 2 years and months.

peterl1365 said:
I'm not sure about this, but I thought that the rebate limit was one per household. There is a limit of two DVR's in six months, but I think only one of them would be eligible for a rebate.
Correct on the latter.

peterl1365 said:
As for the two year contract, that is correct. You would be under contract for a total of 2 years and months.
That's 2 years, 6 months.
Notable as it's not 4 years.

H

Just so I understand it correctly, I can purchase another DVR six months from now and that would be eligible for rebate? And when I activate that one, they would extend my contract for two years starting on that day? So I would end up with a contract for 2 years and 6 months. Is this correct?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts