Two home dish options

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bvaskey

Original poster
Nov 28, 2022
Geyser
We recently acquired another home ,it is 60 miles from our main home. I currently have dish network with a Hopperduo reciever. I asked a dish rep what could we do to get dish tv in our new home with out opening a new account. She said one option would be Hopper with sling, where as you plug in a stick in tv and stream through wifi. I'm not real techy, does this sound feasible? Its only 5 bucks more to upgrade my reciever.. Thanks!

Hopper with Sling allows you to make one connection to the receiver via ethernet with a computer, smartphone or other internet appliance such as a FireStick (any one that can run the Dish Anywhere app).

Are you moving to the new home or maintaining two homes? If you are moving you can use Dish mover to have a Dish network technician transfer all your equipment form one house to the other. If you will maintian both residences you must use the Sling method either with a Hopper with Sling (Hopper2) or a Hopper3 - REPEAT this method (Sling) only allows one connection via internet to the receiver.

Last edited:
We recently acquired another home ,it is 60 miles from our main home. I currently have dish network with a Hopperduo reciever. I asked a dish rep what could we do to get dish tv in our new home with out opening a new account. She said one option would be Hopper with sling, where as you plug in a stick in tv and stream through wifi. I'm not real techy, does this sound feasible? Its only 5 bucks more to upgrade my reciever.. Thanks!
I would have asked the tech if they do side jobs and how much to come out on a day off an put up a dish so you could take the Receiver with you, back and forth