Two homes with leased and owned receivers

True. The OP would have to make the choice based on his "lifestyle." Phone or online chat can actually be quicker than DIRT. Especially if DIRT is not online at the time. The way I see it, save DIRT for the real issues. Stuff like activation/deactivation should be a piece of cake for any CSR.

He said calling or going to a website isn't an option, but I think that was more wishful thinking or the ideal scenario...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well he can just keep the equipment active at both locations and just hope for the best. Nothing may happen to him at all especially if it's just a purchased 211 receiver. If that's what fits his lifestyle and needs then I say go ahead with it just as long as he knows it's possible he could be audited in the future.

Reactions: ChadT41
Well he can just keep the equipment active at both locations and just hope for the best. Nothing may happen to him at all especially if it's just a purchased 211 receiver. If that's what fits his lifestyle and needs then I say go ahead with it just as long as he knows it's possible he could be audited in the future.

For the win!

simply unpluggin the phone line or broadband connection is another option to leave power to the device but not have it call home to report where it is.....now i know they used to charge $5 for an unconnected device, not sure if thats still true.

It is not allowed do to Dish's business rules but I do know that some people have been able to work around this. You would have to find a very helpful Dish agent to make this happen.

I'd be interested to know how they did this. I consider myself a pretty helpful "Dish agent", and I have tried, out of curiosity, to see if I could get it to work. Tried to reactivate a 311 on a customer's account who had just switched to the Hopper. Purchased 311. I had to let them know, no, it would not allow me to do so.

I can't say it can't be done, just that I've not had any luck getting it to work.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent Dish in any way, shape, or form.

simply unpluggin the phone line or broadband connection is another option to leave power to the device but not have it call home to report where it is.....now i know they used to charge $5 for an unconnected device, not sure if thats still true.

There is no longer a fee when receiver is not connected to a phone line.

BUT if you don't have either a phone or internet connected to your receivers you will hear from the DISH NAZI AUDIT team. :devilish

Absolutely not true. I have neither a land line nor an internet connection and have never been contacted by Dish about anything.

BUT if you don't have either a phone or internet connected to your receivers you will hear from the DISH NAZI AUDIT team. :devilish

LOL could be.... I was asking about that in another post. With the allowance of two 211's on a Hopper account, they must not be going after those if not hooked to a phone line or internet?

Who knows what Dish's reasons are for auditing people. I have never known anyone in my area that has been audited. I have only heard about it from people on here. I'm assuming the more receivers you have the more suspicious Dish is.

The more recievers, usually sets it off, but I have seen accounts with just two recievers. It's also the layout of the building. They have access to building schematics of some sort. They know if you live in a 1 bedroom apartment(per your service address) or a 29 bedroom mansion. I'm pretty sure try have a system set to alert them.

The more recievers, usually sets it off, but I have seen accounts with just two recievers. It's also the layout of the building. They have access to building schematics of some sort. They know if you live in a 1 bedroom apartment(per your service address) or a 29 bedroom mansion. I'm pretty sure try have a system set to alert them.

I'm pretty sure they use google maps or something like that too in order to see what you're house and property look like.

I've seen someone post here that the audit team said something like "your home looks like a multi-family house" but there was only (1) account listed for that address and, as I recall, quite a few receivers. It certainly could have been 100% legit, but the audit team decided it was fishy....

I agree in the google maps. I really don't know what system they use. I tryed to avoid as much interaction with them as possible. They talked to csr's like crap everytime, and definitely had a superiority complex.

Reactions: SomeDishGuy
Data providers can get pretty accurate building data on most homes from public records complete with floor plan sketches. Getting some sort of report calculating receivers per sqft/bedroom/bathroom/family/whatever ratio could be easily automated.

Just enter your address on Zillow and see all the info available for free.

I've done that a few times. I figured if it's for commercial use, there would be a different program. But I may be over complicating this.

I've done that a few times. I figured if it's for commercial use, there would be a different program. But I may be over complicating this.
I would hope they are using a source they could automate the data with. Definitely worth paying for vs having someone keying addresses into Zillow. I would think they should have a short list to actually work (compared to subscribers) with a little effort and logic put into selection criteria.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)