New install... Hopper + wireless Joeys... Amazon Prime streaming to Vizio Co-Star starts dropping

zim2dive

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Cary, NC
1st let me get out of the way.. the Visio co-star (Android TV) is an out-dated piece of HW at this point.. BUT it was working pretty well... we use it to stream Amazon Prime to the bedroom.

We had an install Saturday of Hopper + 2 wireless Joeys... and coincidence or not.. it's all we can do to get a stable connection now.

I've been double-checking our router (ASUS RT-N16) looking for IP addr conflicts .. none that I can find.

Everything I've read says the Dish wireless AP is its own network... 5GHz, correct? Our network is 80211.n on 2.4GHz.. so I wouldn't expect a conflict.

anyone seen anything like this?

1st let me get out of the way.. the Visio co-star (Android TV) is an out-dated piece of HW at this point.. BUT it was working pretty well... we use it to stream Amazon Prime to the bedroom.

We had an install Saturday of Hopper + 2 wireless Joeys... and coincidence or not.. it's all we can do to get a stable connection now.

I've been double-checking our router (ASUS RT-N16) looking for IP addr conflicts .. none that I can find.

Everything I've read says the Dish wireless AP is its own network... 5GHz, correct? Our network is 80211.n on 2.4GHz.. so I wouldn't expect a conflict.

anyone seen anything like this?

the wap runs 802.11ac format.
now depending on home construction and wall thickness I have seen issues with a wap blasting through more than a couple walls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)