Two Hoppers one Joey not allowed.

Rdeejr said:
I sent Matt with Dirt a message asking about upgrading to hopper.

I asked for two hoppers and one Joey. He said I could get two hoppers and two joeys or one hopper and two Joeys but they could not allow two hoppers and one Joey.

I replied that I currently have one 722 and two 612's for six tuners and three tv's so going to one hopper and two joeys was not an option as this would cut me to three tuners. I also said that two hoppers and two joeys would not work as I only have three tv's.

He then replied that I could go to a retailer as there is nothing he could do.

What is wrong with dish? Do they have too much business? I don't get it.

I just skipped all the other responses and decided to reply. Set up your upgrade with 2 hops/ 2 Joey's, then when the installer arrives tell him what you really want and he'll work with you. Cancelling a Joey after activation is easy. Its just a matter of the installer working with you.

Hope this is not to far off topic, but it seem the thread is going that way. If I wanted to get a 1H/0j set up. Will DISH sell me the leased 211 that I currently have? Of course even if they did, it might be cheaper to get one off EBay.

Dish isn't likely to make you a "deal" on that 211 receiver, if that's what you're after. As you say, it would probably be cheaper to buy one elsewhere.

Existing Customers it is hard and they want you to have Two Joeys as Hoppers cost more to make than Joeys.
Each Joey is $84 a year in rental fees so you can see why Dish likes to see 1 or more on the account.
I was a new Customer 3 weeks ago. There is a trick to getting Two Hoppers and One Joey through a Dish CSR using the 1-800 line when you are a new customer. Private Message (PM) me for details if you will be a new customer and need this setup.

Last edited:
papato6 said:
Hope this is not to far off topic, but it seem the thread is going that way. If I wanted to get a 1H/0j set up. Will DISH sell me the leased 211 that I currently have? Of course even if they did, it might be cheaper to get one off EBay.

Nope. You have to buy a new one. I tried just last month. When I say new I mean a different one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)