two hoppers with sling replacing a hopper with sling and a super joey

sam1070

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
yakima wa
howdy y"all i have been debating on whether or not to add a hopper with sling to my existing set up and replacing the super joey as for some reason i have yet to figure out why you can not have more the 6 tuners on your dish account i want to know before i take the leap and re up my contract with dish if they have ever integrated the second hopper into th moca network to the etent where it can pass off recording chores to the second hopper i saw some post online that they are doing semi integration but not full integration like the super joey and the hopper have you us added the second hopper and if so what do y'all think about it and is it worth the extra 2 bucks a months

The Hoppers do see each other and can share recordings but the tuers are separte. The exception is if Hopper A's tuners are in use when a timer is created it will then ask if your would like this to be on Hopper B's tuner

so there no wy of r the hopper say three tuners are bust but a show is ude to record it wont pass over the recoridng chores to the second hopper

so there no wy of r the hopper say three tuners are bust but a show is ude to record it wont pass over the recoridng chores to the second hopper

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Sam intended to write this:
So there is no way for the Hopper, let's say with three tuners busy, but a show is due to record on Hopper A, it won't pass over the recording chore to Hopper B.

So the answer above is that it will indeed pass the timer over to Hopper B. Did I get that about right, Sam?

Anyhow, this begs the question of what happens when Hopper A has 3 tuners engaged and Hopper B has three tuners engaged as well. Will it still pass the timer over to Hopper B resulting in a missed recording? Also, what happens if something in the guide changes and makes timers coincident that weren't coincident before? Let's say Hopper B all of a sudden gets all 3 tuners busy. Will other pre-existing timers get passed to Hopper B just as the ones you create do?

It will follow the normal Priority rules at this point. I do not believe pre-existing timers can get passed automatically, but you can always delete and recreate a timer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)