Two layers of Drywall - What to use between

Hi-Vac

Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 11, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I am at the 11th hour of the drywall portion of my new home theater installation. I was always told to double layer the drywall in the theater. The first layer is up, and the drywall contractor is going to install the second layer tomorrow. I had them mud and tape all of the seams on the first layer. I was reading online and the gerneral reccomendation is that I need to glue and screw the second layer with a product called green glue. The problem is I would have to stop the contractor, they would leave, and I am sure, have to pay a "waiting" cost of some degree. I was wondering is there a product that would give me a result like green glue that can be purchased locally? (I live in Atlanta, GA).

Thanks in advance..... John

P.S. All walls are 2 x 4 construction with 4" of mineral wool in the walls, and the ceiling has 4" of mineral wool with an additional layer of r-13 (pink) insullation, and air gap (appox 8") and then a layer of R-30 (floor joists). The theater size is 26' long, 16' wide, and 8.5' tall (finished dimensions).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts