Two locations for one receiver?

Would it be necessary to run a check switch when swapping the receiver between sat outputs?

No, it just has one HD output. It would be even harder for me to run a connection from the 211 than it would be the 722. Both would require either going through a brick wall or using the attic. I've already got a hole in the top plate in the attic for access to the 722, but running HDMI would require me to buy an HD splitter, 30' of HDMI cable, UHF for the remote, etc.

Using the 211 would require an easy run of coax, but would provide an independent signal and a little more work each time we watched TV out there. As I said, there are trade-offs to all of my options.

Doesn't a 211 have HDMI and Component outputs?

If you are not using both coax lines at the same time, a simple splitter would work there as well. An A/B switch wired in reverse would work, but you would need to flip the switch every time you move the receiver.

I don't like this idea of putting a splitter in an antenna cable. Half the signal will down an unterminated coax, and the other half to the connected receiver. The signal going down the unterminated cable will reflect off the end and come back up the line. The switch idea is much better.

If you had a Hopper and a Joey then ran the Joey wireless then that would be the best bet but he would have to swap out his current equipment in order to get the Hopper. This would get him his HD feed wirelessly without running any wires to any place he wants to place that Joey. They allow you one 211 on the account though don't they with the Hopper?

If you had a Hopper and a Joey then ran the Joey wireless then that would be the best bet but he would have to swap out his current equipment in order to get the Hopper. This would get him his HD feed wirelessly without running any wires to any place he wants to place that Joey. They allow you one 211 on the account though don't they with the Hopper?

I considered that option, but didn't want to do it at this time. I will probably look at it in the future. I love that the Joey can work wirelessly and hope it is officially supported in the future.

That is basically what I am doing. The coax to the bedroom comes outside and is attached to a device (I can't remember what it is. It may be a switch) which is connected to the Dish by coax. I was going to run another line of coax from that same point to the back patio and just switch the coax connections when we watched TV outside. This will be an easy outside run.

The switching would be easier if I could find an A/B switch that does this. All of the A/B switches I've found are 2 input/1 output. Can I use an A/B switch in reverse? That way I could just flick the switch to change the output path.

Are you saying I should be able to connect directly to the Dish and not worry about switching?

No. a/b switch will not work properly with a satellite feed.

Connect.it directly to the dish.

Your best bet is to run the additional line to your patio instead of using the additional output in the 211 seeing the remote is ir and you would need to go to the receiver to change channels.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)