Two part question...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ngdot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Forgive me if any of this has already been answered, I did a search and nothing really popped up with a definitive yes or no. That said, I have a two part question.

First, since the HD rollout this summer (I guess) It seems like my receiver functions really slow. (HD receiver, without the DVR) IE: you punch in a channel number and a few seconds later it pops up on the screen. The indicator light is blinking almost simultaneously with the input on the remote - yet their is definitely a noticeable lag from when you push the buttons, to when it happens on the screen. It's not just numbers, but the guide, menu..etc everything seems sluggish. It's ONLY on the HD receiver, my two standard def receivers have no noticeable lag.

Part two is about the HD channels and the receiver. Does DirecTV have any plans to patch/upgrade the thing so when you input a channel number - it automatically jumps you to the HD flavor rather than having to scroll to it? Not really a huge deal - just sorta inconvenient.

Thanks!

First part: That is the way it is. I have the HD receiver and although it wasn't slow out of the box the first software upgrade caused the sluggishness and has been that way ever since. It is VERY sluggish.

Second part: I HATE how it does that. I don't have a yes/no answer for this one. I know the local channels will come up HD if you type in the channel number, but none of the original new national ones or the RSNs will come up HD. I never plan on or take for granted that DTV will change little things like this, but you never can tell.

for alot of h20 customers, there is a new patch. might speed things up and and all the hd stuff pop up first instead of sd. just reset your receiver, once u see the welcome screen, press 0,2,4,6,8. this should force a software update. good luck

On the channels that have been assigned a-1 you can punch in 231-1 and it will go to the HD channel. When you push the guide button scroll to the bottom to HD channels then select the HD only channels.

It seems like my receiver functions really slow. (HD receiver, without the DVR) IE: you punch in a channel number and a few seconds later it pops up on the screen. The indicator light is blinking almost simultaneously with the input on the remote - yet their is definitely a noticeable lag from when you push the buttons, to when it happens on the screen. It's not just numbers, but the guide, menu..etc everything seems sluggish. It's ONLY on the HD receiver, my two standard def receivers have no noticeable lag.

Have you tried pushing the "Enter" button after you input the channel number? IMO, it seems to speed up the process a little bit in getting the channel number changed in the banner. It still takes a while to change to the new channel though.

First, since the HD rollout this summer (I guess) It seems like my receiver functions really slow. (HD receiver, without the DVR) IE: you punch in a channel number and a few seconds later it pops up on the screen. The indicator light is blinking almost simultaneously with the input on the remote - yet their is definitely a noticeable lag from when you push the buttons, to when it happens on the screen. It's not just numbers, but the guide, menu..etc everything seems sluggish. It's ONLY on the HD receiver, my two standard def receivers have no noticeable lag.

Make sure you have "native" turned off. Having that on results in a significant delay every time you change from a channel with one resolution to a channel with a different one. That's not an option on the SD boxes.

for alot of h20 customers, there is a new patch. might speed things up and and all the hd stuff pop up first instead of sd. just reset your receiver, once u see the welcome screen, press 0,2,4,6,8. this should force a software update. good luck

Before it goes to acquiring satellite info?

yeah i forgot to mention that part. you have to do it while it still says welcome to dtv. if changes while your still pressing, reset it again. you have to time just right sometimes depending on the connection your using on your tv.

Make sure you have "native" turned off. Having that on results in a significant delay every time you change from a channel with one resolution to a channel with a different one. That's not an option on the SD boxes.

:up

However, with the Native in this mode it allows the HR20 to do the conversion, I would rather have my Pioneer Elite do the conversion, I don't mind the extra few seconds, knowing that the better processing is in the TV.

Jimbo

I must be doing something wrong because it isn't working.

It goes to the all blue "Hello, your receiver is starting up" screen.

I quickly press in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 and then it proceeds as usual. :confused:

The new software is being released nationwide, but not everyone has gotten it yet. When it is your turn, it will be downloaded automatically. You have to be patient!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)