two problems g10r and goltv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
I've done pretty well getting a number of satellites and channels in my first couple of weeks of fta. I'm having no luck in two areas though. I have a traxis 3500, winegard 76, sg2100, and dmsi 0.4 universal lnb.

On G10R I have a number of channels but am not receiving any on the v11720 tp.

I've read other posts on getting gol tv. I have added that satellite to my list and set my lo to 11250 but still am getting nothing off of that satellite.

Any suggestions?

you need a DBS LNB to get Gol TV

what kind of signal quality do you get on other transponders on G10?

hmm...I get around 75 or so on both 11800 and 11720.

Can you try and move the dish with the motor to see if that TP comes in. I assume the transponder has the right info (11720 freq, V polarity, 27692 symbol rate)

For some reason for me also on 11720 on G10, I had some issues getting signal and it only took a slight tweak of the setup and everything came in fine. Everything else was coming in fine before the tweak and came in even better afterward.

hmm...I get around 75 or so on both 11800 and 11720.

Can you try and move the dish with the motor to see if that TP comes in. I assume the transponder has the right info (11720 freq, V polarity, 27692 symbol rate)

What fta can you get on a circular? I have a DTV LNB I could add but I thought NASA was all there was.

I finally got it. I used usals to nudge the dish west a few clicks and it came in but when I moved the motor away and then back to g10r it did not save that new position. I tried a few settings and then found that by setting the satellite longitude to 123.9 I am getting a pretty stable 72%. This makes absulutely no sense to me but frankly I don't care as long as it works. I was already getting 70's (and still am) on the satellites on both sides of g10r.

Thank you for the suggestion.
-Joe

Congrats, you've discovered one of our "fudge factors", that of changing the angular position slightly to give your motor a nudge in the right direction. Nothing is perfect, but with these SatGuys, you can usually find a solution.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)