Tyler, Texas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
catfish said:
I'm getting CBS 19 only since my OTA antenna install on 07/08/04

Catfish,

Sorry, I didn't see your post until tonite. I live in the Green Acres area and I can get 19-1 (18) with an amplified set-top box. It isn't perfect but I can get it. The problem is that there is nothing on to watch! LOL I don't like the soaps (the only thing on during the day in HD), and I don't usually watch networks in the evening. Football season will probably change that, but again, the Cowboys are on FOX and that channel here is pathetic! Barely watchable. I'm a Nascar fan and I'm glad the Fox season is over for that. NBC probably won't be carrying anything for Nascar in HD, though, except for an occasional race on TNT. I still haven't decided on whether or not to get V*. I am still a bit dissapointed in the reactions I've gotten on the forums so far. The billing snafus, etc. I think I will wait for a while yet. To quote someone else's comment, "They just don't seem to be ready for Prime-Time quite yet."

What part of Tyler do you live in and can you get anything from NBC 56 (22)? I was hoping that they would start full HD broadcasting in time for the Olympics, but I doubt that will happen now.

Good luck with Voom.

Nbc

Just thought you guys would like to know the following about when KTEK (NBC) is going to go full power digital. I just got the following e-mail from the GM.

Thanks for your interest. We are scheduled to convert next year. I realize
that doesn't help you now... but no use in leading you on. Thanks for
watching KETK...

So it looks like it'll be some time in 2006 :eek: before we get NBC programming in HD. I'll be glad when I finally move out of this backwater town. :mad:

Ota

I know this is a Voom board but after reading I thought this might be my best chance to talk to some "Tyler" folk.
Do you or have you heard of anyone being able to receive ABC-HD from Shreveport or Dallas?

shamill said:
I know this is a Voom board but after reading I thought this might be my best chance to talk to some "Tyler" folk.
Do you or have you heard of anyone being able to receive ABC-HD from Shreveport or Dallas?
Hey Shamill,
Just caught your post and I can tell you that you won't be able to get Dallas (don't know about Shreveport) without a very tall antenna mast (50' or better on high ground) and a high-gain long range antenna (VHF & UHF). Even then you might have trouble with drop-outs when the weather doesn't cooperate. I live in a relatively low area (Green Acres) and we couldn't put up one of those masts anyway. Inside the city, permits are required now for a tall mast like that, and it's not a given that you could get the city's permission. I understand we are a little closer to Shreveport but I don't know the terrain between here and there or the strength of the stations and their broadcast directions. If you or anyone reading this from Tyler has any clues on how well this would work, then please let us know. I would be willing to give it a try if it were feasible.
And by the way, welcome to the forum....nice to know there are a few locals around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)